PDA

View Full Version : wanna answer riddles?

Fenrir7
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
im just bored so im putting up riddles, first one to get it correct gets reputation points

Riddle 1

i am going to store to buy some ingredients, this is what im going to buy at the store:

Sugar
Milk
Vinegar
Sausages
Carrots
Pudding
Phone
Pencils
Paper

what am i making?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Riddle 2

A man is in trouble with an arrest, but he didn't do anything!

whats happening?

Riddle 3

A child is born in 1940, and dies in 2002, after his 15th birthday

how is this possible?

Riddle 4

A panda is in a restraunt quietly eating.after he is done eating, he suddenly shoots a man! the panda is however, not apprehended because it is part of a panda's natural diet.

whats going on?

Shinryuu
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Riddle 3: The man was born on a leap year, on February 29th.

Fenrir7
07-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Riddle 3: The man was born on a leap year, on February 29th.

correct and rep awarded

Meoark
07-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Riddle 4... The Panda is eating a Bamboo shoot?

Fenrir7
07-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Riddle 4... The Panda is eating a Bamboo shoot?

very close but not quite it

Veysey
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
I have no idea other than #4 XD (Except 3 which was already answered)

1: A mess? >_>
2: His twin/look-a-like committed an offense?
4: The diet of the Panda: "Eats shoots and leaves". Heh, I always thought the joke was amusing.

ying_xiong
07-10-2010, 11:13 PM
im just bored so im putting up riddles, first one to get it correct gets reputation points

Riddle 1

i am going to store to buy some ingredients, this is what im going to buy at the store:

Sugar
Milk
Vinegar
Sausages
Carrots
Pudding
Phone
Pencils
Paper

what am i making?

A grocery list? =P

Riddle 2

whats happening?

He has heart problems. Cardiac arrest. lol.

Riddle 3

A child is born in 1940, and dies in 2002, after his 15th birthday

how is this possible?

Even though the answer was he was born on a leap year, technically if he were born on another day, he still died after his 15th birthday.

Riddle 4

A panda is in a restraunt quietly eating.after he is done eating, he suddenly shoots a man! the panda is however, not apprehended because it is part of a panda's natural diet.

whats going on?

lol I like Veysey's answer. I'm assuming it's right.

smilie
07-11-2010, 01:26 AM
A grocery list? =P

He has heart problems. Cardiac arrest. lol.

Even though the answer was he was born on a leap year, technically if he were born on another day, he still died after his 15th birthday.

lol I like Veysey's answer. I'm assuming it's right.

I like how you think things. :)

ZeRo_oVerLoaD
07-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Riddle 2

whats happening?

Just like ying_xiong said, a Cardiac arrest.
The man is having a cardiac arrest and died instantly, resulting for him to do nothing about it.

Ghurdrich
07-11-2010, 01:47 AM
A grocery list? =P

This is pure genius, and if this is not the correct answer, I'm going to rep you anyways :p

07-11-2010, 02:04 AM
I have one.

What walks on 4 legs, and then 2 legs, and then 3 legs?

smilie
07-11-2010, 02:10 AM
I have one.

What walks on 4 legs, and then 2 legs, and then 3 legs?

A person, from baby to an adult then to a senior citizen. :)

07-11-2010, 02:13 AM
No, it's a trick question.

It's a baby for all of them.

You let it crawl around, then you cut off it's legs, and then you give them one back.

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 03:21 AM
ying got 1 and 2 , veysey got the fourth one

good job!

here's more riddles

Riddle 1

Two men walked into a bar after a late shift, 1 was suprised and the other one was knocked out

what happend?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riddle 2

a man visits a mental asylum to write about the criteria of being institutionalized in an asylum.

Director: Well thats it for the tour!, what else would you like to know?
Visitor: how would you know if someone is mentally ill?
Director: well you see, we put the in front of a bathtub filled with water and we give them a spoon, a cup, and a bucket.
Visitor: why?
Director: We ask them to empty the tub with one of the item.
Visitor: oh... now i get it....if they don't pick the bucket they are crazy?
Director: hmm thats what you think?......can i test you on something?
Visitor: Sure
Director: ok follow me to the tub....

What is the correct thing to do to empty the tub so you prove you shouldn't be institutionalized?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riddle 3

you are given chance to win a million dollars, you have to fence the most area around the earth using the least amout of fence

what would you do?

Barrett
07-11-2010, 03:39 AM
oh Crap! SteZil is The Riddler in Disguise! quick! someone call Batman!

ZeRo_oVerLoaD
07-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Riddle 3

you are given chance to win a million dollars, you have to fence the most area around the earth using the least amout of fence

what would you do?

-Buy a world map and make a fence around it.

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 03:56 AM
sorry not the right answer, but good thinking though lol

it has to be fenced on the earth, not a picture or anything

Ghurdrich
07-11-2010, 03:58 AM
Riddle 1

Two men walked into a bar after a late shift, 1 was suprised and the other one was knocked out

what happend?

They literally walked into an iron bar.

Riddle 2

a man visits a mental asylum to write about the criteria of being institutionalized in an asylum.

Director: well you see, we put the in front of a bathtub filled with water and we give them a spoon, a cup, and a bucket.

What is the correct thing to do to empty the tub so you prove you shouldn't be institutionalized?

Pull the plug

Riddle 3

what would you do?

Plant a single fencepost, or else fence off a small area. The small area or the fencepost is the 'outside' and the rest of the world is 'inside the fence.'

I didn't really intend to answer all three, they just sort of came to me as I was writing xD

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 04:01 AM
O.O

that was fast lol! nice work! ill try with a bit more harder ones

EDIT:

heres some more

Riddle 1

a man is frustrated over trying to get people to not tap on the shark tank glass, he does something that gets them to stop, but he gets fired!

what happend?
Riddle 2

you are going to die.the judge gives you a question and says, "if you can answer my question the best way possible, ill let you go"

here is the question

What is risk?

Riddle 3

a man wakes up, goes outside and fires his gun. as a result, he never sees another sunrise again

what happend?

and no, he did not shoot himself and he is not blind

Riddle 4

how is FOOTSTOOL a palindrome?

Riddle 5

there is one plate filled with water. you have a lemon, a glass and a match. how do you get the water in the cup without touching the plate and using only the tools provided

and no, you can't get someone else to touch the plate, the plate must NOT move

Riddle 6

what is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 1/2 goat?

Riddle 7

A night guard is dreaming that the king goes on a ship, and the ship sinks, killing everyone.
after he tells the king of this, the king doesn't listen to him, the king goes on the ship and comes back alive, afterward, he fires the Guard

why?

and no, it wasn't because he was wrong

Ghurdrich
07-11-2010, 04:07 AM
xD Well, these are good, I really like 'em. Keep it up!

07-11-2010, 04:15 AM
oh Crap! SteZil is The Riddler in Disguise! quick! someone call Batman!

Yeah, I got it from the game :P I finished it recently. :D

Khaimyn
07-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Heheheh... I demand MOAR. xD

Aveot
07-11-2010, 07:06 AM
O.O

that was fast lol! nice work! ill try with a bit more harder ones

EDIT:

heres some more

Riddle 1

a man is frustrated over trying to get people to not tap on the shark tank glass, he does something that gets them to stop, but he gets fired!

what happend?

Did he remove/break the glass?

---------------------------------------------------

Riddle 3

a man wakes up, goes outside and fires his gun. as a result, he never sees another sunrise again

what happend?

and no, he did not shoot himself and he is not blind

I'd guess he shot his rooster. Never wake up in time to see the sunrise.

DREW:[RotaryTuner]
07-11-2010, 07:14 AM
O.O

Riddle 6

what is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 1/2 goat?

Chicago. B)

Riddle 7

A night guard is dreaming that the king goes on a ship, and the ship sinks, killing everyone.
after he tells the king of this, the king doesn't listen to him, the king goes on the ship and comes back alive, afterward, he fires the Guard

why?

Maybe the ship sank when the king was not riding it, or the king got on the ship for a moment, then got back out.

Yeah, the last one might be wrong, but still...

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Aveot, 3 was correct but not number 1,

DREW, you got 6 but 7 was not correct

i'll throw in a hint for #1,

what would scare you from taping on glass?

Suppi
07-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Riddle 1:3
Whats the difference between an orange?

ying_xiong
07-11-2010, 10:45 AM

I feel like I heard this one before... Seeds? lol that's probably wrong.

Riddle 2

What was the answer to this one? Pull the plug? I thought he was required to use one of the items?

Riddle 1

what happend?

Did he put cracks in the glass?

you are going to die, the judge gives you a question and says, "if you can answer my question the best way possible, ill let you go"

here is the question

What Is Risk?

I'm stumped...

Riddle 4

LOOTSTOOF lol.

Riddle 5

there is one plate filled with water. you have a lemon, a glass and a match. how do you get the water in the cup without touching the plate and using only the tools provided

ummmm..... do you squeeze so much juice out of the lemon that it overflows into the cup? lol. or is it a paper or styrofoam plate that you can burn a hole in?

Riddle 7

why?

The night guard was fired because he was sleeping on duty =]

UltimaFox
07-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I thought he was required to use one of the items?

Can I test you on something?

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Ying you got #7 correct but everything else isn't, you got close on #1 but its not the whole answer, the glass is still intact

ying_xiong
07-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Ying you got #7 correct but everything else isn't, you got close on #1 but its not the whole answer, the glass is still intact

You gotta give us the answer to the "what is risk?" riddle cuz I don't think anyone's going to get that lol.

Khaimyn
07-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Ying, you are the smart one here, save us all! D:

EDIT : Also, ZHUGE LIANG! Yes or no? :D

Suppi
07-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Obviously Liu Bei :rolleyes:

(Hint to my first riddle; location)

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 10:56 PM
You gotta give us the answer to the "what is risk?" riddle cuz I don't think anyone's going to get that lol.

i'll leave it on so people have a chance, ill put up the answer when everyone gives up

Suppi
07-11-2010, 11:00 PM
For the "Risk" question; I'm going to say 2 assumptions before giving my answer;
1) the fact that every first letter in "What Is Risk" is capitalized. Under these assumptions; you are either trying to point out something with emphasis or just like typing in caps.
2) Risk itself could be a misconception; do you really mean the literal definition of "Risk" or a metaphorical one. Or are you implying a physical object?

My answer is; This question is a Risk. (Because I'm a smart ass)

Khaimyn
07-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Hah, Suppi, the smart one.

And he's wearing a fan, I believe that's Zhuge Liang.

And it's Liu Bei, okay? xD

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 11:15 PM
For the "Risk" question; I'm going to say 2 assumptions before giving my answer;
1) the fact that every first letter in "What Is Risk" is capitalized. Under these assumptions; you are either trying to point out something with emphasis or just like typing in caps.
2) Risk itself could be a misconception; do you really mean the literal definition of "Risk" or a metaphorical one. Or are you implying a physical object?

My answer is; This question is a Risk. (Because I'm a smart ass)

sorry, not correct, but good answer

Suppi
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
And he's wearing a fan, I believe that's Zhuge Liang.

I believe you are making an assumption on his name "Ying Xiong" not being Zhuge Liang because of his avatar?

First off; Ying Xiong means The Hero (If I remember correctly from enough Chinese movie titles). Secondly; if I'm wrong oh well :3 you learned something new.

----

sorry, not correct, but good answer

oh well; mind throwing us a hint in the right direction?

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
the correct answer has nothing to do with the meaning of risk.

your answer, "This question is a risk" was very very close though

Khaimyn
07-11-2010, 11:24 PM
"What is risk?"

The question is a risk?

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
sorry, thats not correct

Khaimyn
07-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Risk is a question?

Fenrir7
07-11-2010, 11:38 PM
sorry, not correct either

TWOxACROSS
07-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Riddle 1:3

The location of Harley Quinn's hideout after she escaped from Arkham.

:P

Khaimyn
07-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Questioning is a risk?! D:

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 12:01 AM
no lol, the answer does not have the word question with or with out Pre/Suffixes in it

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 12:10 AM
This is a toughy... heheh....

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 12:15 AM
"What Is Risk?"

Erm, I'd say Risk is a board game. Especially because of the capitalization. Although that's not particularly close to "This question is a risk." Just taking some stabs in the dark.

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 12:18 AM
"What Is Risk?"

Erm, I'd say Risk is a board game. Especially because of the capitalization. Although that's not particularly close to "This question is a risk." Just taking some stabs in the dark.

Ghurdrich, you are either a genius, or a complete idiot. xD

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 12:22 AM
sorry, incorrect

and that thing about me putting capitilization in What Is Risk was a mistake on my part lol so its just "What is risk?"

Suppi
07-12-2010, 12:38 AM
The location of Harley Quinn's hideout after she escaped from Arkham.

:P

Explain your work Belts :3

http://www.tc3.edu/instruct/sbrown/pic/miracle.jpg

Shinryuu
07-12-2010, 12:42 AM
A friend told me this:

In a really dark alley where everything is painted black a man dressed completely in black is walking, when a car without headlights that is completely black drives with high speed, but manages to avoid hitting the man by stopping just before hitting him. Considering that no lights were on, the man didn't do anything and everything was painted black, how did the driver manage to avoid hitting the man?

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 12:45 AM
It's broad daylight. the man was clearly visible.

Insert racist joke here

Also, I'm stumped for the risk one, then :p

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 01:00 AM
heres the answer for #2The Answer Is....This. "This" is the answer because you are risking your life on one word and that is a risk

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 01:01 AM
*Nods*. I see.

Well, I guessed that the man didn't walk out, seeing as how he never said in detail that the man walked into the street.

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Riddle # 1,4 and 5 still need answers :D

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Riddle 1

what happend?

-----------------------------------------
Riddle 4

Riddle 5

1. He takes off the glass?

4. Footstool is a palindrome in morse code; it looks like this : ..-. --- --- - ... - --- --- .-..

5. Turn the cup upsidedown and put it on the plate.

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 01:45 AM
4 is correct ( you googled didn't you? lol XD )but 1 and 5 aren't, you have to get ALL the water in the cup and for #1 the glass is still there and not damaged

Suppi
07-12-2010, 01:45 AM
heres the answer for #2The Answer Is....This. "This" is the answer because you are risking your life on one word and that is a risk

That's a horrible riddle. In terms of the gift of life; The greatest gift is to the gift of life itself; everything else is meaningless. So in terms with the risk of death; one should accept that death is inevitable and he has already been given the best of his life when he lived. There is no risk in dieing. The risk is will he have the opportunity to give life to others. (The only way that answer works is if you are selfish... which I admit everyone wants to live but bleh; beyond the point... the greater risk is if he has/panning to use the rest of his life wisely.)

(My answer had the same meaning... it just wasn't 1 single word. Also note "THIS" can imply not the situation or even the time and place but a more metaphorical understanding. "This" can be the answer but it refers to life itself.)

----

Riddle with Shark (He gave the shark a gun)

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 01:47 AM
4 is correct ( you googled didn't you? lol XD )but 1 and 5 aren't, you have to get ALL the water in the cup and for #1 the glass is still there and not damaged

Hmm? No. My friend told me xD. I went on aim and raped peoples' minds with your brain teasers, but then my friend told me it. O.O I was like "Heheheh... TO THE FORUMS!"

As for number one... light the match and put it in the cup, then put it on the plate. The water will evaporate into the cup? xD

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Hmm? No. My friend told me xD. I went on aim and raped peoples' minds with your brain teasers, but then my friend told me it. O.O I was like "Heheheh... TO THE FORUMS!"

As for number one... light the match and put it in the cup, then put it on the plate. The water will evaporate into the cup? xD

yeah thats the answer, though you forgot the lemon part but i'll let it slide because thats whats supposed to happen any way lol

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 01:59 AM

Actually, that's not a half-bad idea. If you can find a way to keep the match from falling into the water (put it on the lemon?) The fire will use up all the oxygen making a pressure difference and thereby sucking the water into the cup. You can do the same with an egg resting in the top of a bottle. Try it sometime :p

Also, the lemon game me the idea of reverse osmosis (or is it just regular osmosis?). Osmose all the water into the lemon, then put the lemon into the cup xD

That said, I sorta don't think that's the answer xD

Fenrir7
Riddle with Shark (He gave the shark a gun)

sharks can't use guns o.o

Suppi
Riddle 5

Impossible task. The plate is constantly moving with the crust of the earth; earth's rotation; the rotation around the sun; the suns drifting with the expansion of the galaxy; so on and so forth. (Also note; the molecules of a plate, no matter how solid; are composed of electrons and the like that are moving)

(Match in glass and putting the glass upside down will cut off the oxygen extinguishing the flames... that won't work)

Considering the plate is concave so the water would not fall out. I am baffled to figure out a purpose for the lemon/match to shift water to a cup. Here is my sad attempt at figuring this out.

Using the cup and lemon; you gore the lemon in half with your hand and scrape out as much moisture as you can. Using this process multiple times; you drain any liquid in the lemon into the cup. Using the match to further dry out the lemon of any moisture (how many do you have? match book or just 1?). Using the dried out lemon like a sponge; you start absorbing the water in the plate and transferring it to the cup.

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 02:09 AM
First,you put the match into the lemon wedge, so that it would stand straight. Then you light the match, and put it in the middle of the plate with the lemon. Then,you place the glass upside-down over the match. As the flame used up the oxygen in the glass, it created a small vacuum, which sucked in the water through the space between the glass and the plate. Thus, you got water into the glass without touching or moving the plate.

the water is on a plate, so theres not a lot of water, the match is standing straight so theres not enough water reach the fire

i saw this on T.V on one of those science shows o.o

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 02:13 AM
I... was right?

Holy mother of crap. This calls for dancing.

<('_'<) (^'_'^) (>'_')> (v'_'v)

Suppi
07-12-2010, 02:21 AM
I don't understand; I thought the point was to get the water in the and cup and have a reasonable amount of it afterwords to have in the cup when you flip up rightside up ._.

That's like saying placing the cup upside down and letting condensation get some of the "Water" in the cup...

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Wordplay is half of riddles, dude. 'Get the water in the cup.' Create vacuum, water goes in cup. Mission accomplished :p

Haruhiist
07-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Satisfied with myself. :P
I was pretty sure the answer is 'This is Risk'.

Suppi
07-12-2010, 02:34 AM
there is a million ways to get water in the cup then; It's too simple.

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 02:47 AM
there is a million ways to get water in the cup then; It's too simple.

Well then perhaps riddles aren't for you. At least, these ones. You could always go off on the internet and look for completely sound, one-solution Mensa-quality riddles.
And stop bitching here :p
http://rtmulcahy.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/no-more-tears.jpg

Suppi
07-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Oh hush ghurdy :3

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 02:50 AM
heres a few more riddles

Riddle 1

what weighs more on the moon, but less on earth?

Riddle 2

a poor man bets a rich man that he can a sing a song with anybody's name in it. the rich man accepts this bet. the poor man goes home rich.

what song did he sing?

Riddle 3

imagine you are about to get killed by a crazy man and you can't stop him in any way

how do you survive?

Riddle 4

Here are steps to exiting a maze

1.go left
2.go left
3.go left
5.go left

whats wrong with these instructions?

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 02:58 AM
heres a few more riddles

Riddle 1

Riddle 2

a poor man bets a rich man that he can a sing a song with anybody's name in it. the rich man accepts this bet. the poor man goes home rich.

what song did he sing?

Riddle 3

imagine you are about to get killed by a crazy man and you can't stop him in any way

how do you survive?

Riddle 4

1.go left
2.go left
3.go left
5.go left

3. Stop imagining.

4. Um... they're directions for when you're already out?! xD

2. A rendition of BINGO!

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 02:59 AM
3. Stop imagining.

4. Um... they're directions for when you're already out?! xD

2. A rendition of BINGO!

3 is correct, but 2 and 4 are wrong

Riddle 1

what happend?

this riddle still needs an answer

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 03:10 AM
Riddle 2

what song did he sing?

http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/lyrics2/nov_namegame.html

Come on everybody!
I say now let's play a game
I betcha I can make a rhyme out of anybody's name

Again, if this is the right answer, I'll be thoroughly surprised.

As for the shark one... Did he take the sharks out or something? That would make it not a shark tank anymore :p

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 03:17 AM
sorry, thats not correct, but that is suprising o.o

Cait Sith
07-12-2010, 03:30 AM
heres a few more riddles

Riddle 1

Riddle 2

what song did he sing?

Riddle 3

how do you survive?

Riddle 4

1.go left
2.go left
3.go left
5.go left

riddle 1: eh a moon rock?
riddle 2: probably wrong but the birthday song?
riddle 4: missing step 4? :3

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 03:37 AM
2 and 4 are correct but number 1 is wrong

here is an extremely hard one i found on some website

There are six villages along the coast of the only perfectly round island in the known universe. The villages are evenly distributed along the coastline so that the distance between any two neighboring coastal villages is always the same. There is an absolutely straight path through the jungle connecting every pair of villages. These paths create thirteen crossings in the interior of the island, one of which is in the middle of the island where paths from every village meet.

The island has a strange courtship custom. Before a father will give permission for his daughter to marry, her suitor must bring the father a fish each day until he has traveled by every route from his village to the father's village. The young man only travels along routes where he is always getting closer to his destination. The young man may visit other villages along the way.

On April first a father's three sons come to tell him of their intent to woe a bride, each from a different village. The brides' villages are the first three villages encountered when traveling clockwise around the island.

If the sons begin their courtship today and the couples are married on the day following each son's last trip, what are the three wedding dates?

Bonus Question: If the coastline of the island is ten miles long, how long is the longest route that any of the sons takes to reach their betrothed's village?

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 03:54 AM
What weighs more on the moon, but less on the earth. Well, seeing as how the moon has less gravity, you'd need to be talking about something metaphorically, or something else...

A balloon, seeing as how the atmosphere helps with buoyancy and keeps it afloat, but on the moon it would be heavier, or an astronauts conscience?

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 03:57 AM
What weighs more on the moon, but less on the earth. Well, seeing as how the moon has less gravity, you'd need to be talking about something metaphorically, or something else...

A balloon, seeing as how the atmosphere helps with buoyancy and keeps it afloat, but on the moon it would be heavier, or an astronauts conscience?

correct answer

Khaimyn
07-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Woohooo!!

I thought about how badly an astronaut would feel if he were on the moon... Like if he left on a birthday or a funeral and didn't show up, first.

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 04:08 AM
lol if you can answer that long riddle correctly ill give you props for that

Suppi
07-12-2010, 04:12 AM
That riddle... IT'S A FUCKING MATH PROBLEM D:<

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 04:15 AM
That riddle... IT'S A FUCKING MATH PROBLEM D:<

i got bored

07-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Oh shit, Mind-fuck riddles >.>

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 04:57 AM
heres some more

Riddle 1

what happend?

As for the answer for this one

He painted a crack on the glass, but since it made the shark tank look unsafe, people stopped coming, so his boss fired him

ying_xiong
07-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Ying Xiong means The Hero (If I remember correctly from enough Chinese movie titles). Secondly; if I'm wrong oh well :3 you learned something new.

You're right =]

And the avatar is Zhuge Liang.

LOL man I'm so far behind in this thread. I need to be on the forums more.

He painted a crack on the glass, but since it made the shark tank look unsafe, people stopped coming, so his boss fired him

aww I was close.

I was surprised it was a "scientific" riddle - I was thinking it was a political one, like "The American Flag" heh.

As for the six villages one.... Sry, my head exploded. :confused:

Suppi
07-12-2010, 08:30 AM
As for the six villages one. Copy and paste the question into google. Shit brixz at how complicated the answers are D:<

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 12:00 PM
the answer is The wedding dates are April 6th, May 12th, and August 1st.
Bonus question: ~ 6.86 miles.

All villages are crossings. Here are the steps to determine the number of routes to reach any point:

1) First set the starting point to one.
2) Select the unvisited crossing that is adjacent to a visited crossing and is closer to the destination, but which is the farthest such unvisited crossing from the destination.
3) Set this crossing to the sum of the values for all of the adjacent visited crossings. (If you do this in the correct order, all the adjacent visited crossings are farther from the destination.)
4) If the last selected crossing is not the destination then continue with step two.

Which points are closer or farther from the destination can be determined using the right triangles formed by the intersecting paths. The shortest path from a point to a line is perpendicular to the line. Moving toward the right angle formed by the path and the line is moving closer to the point; moving away from this right angle is moving farther from the point.

Note that when moving from a village to the opposite village that all of the crossings to the left of the direct path between the villages are symmetrical with the corresponding crossing to the right.

The routes:

This is a little hard to follow without a diagram, so you might want to create one. The diagram is a regular hexagon with lines connecting each pair of vertices. There are three intersections created along each of these connecting lines, with the three lines connecting opposite vertices meeting in the middle. Label one vertex A and moving clockwise, label the remaining vertices B-F. Label the middle intersection M. Label the intersection along the path from A to M (path AM) as Ai; label the similar intersections for the remaining vertices as Bi to Fi. Label the intersection of paths AC and BF as ABi. Label the similar intersections BCi, CDi, DEi, EFi and FAi.

Routes to an adjacent village (A to B):

To determine the routes from A to B first set A to 1.
The farthest point from B that is closer than A and adjacent to A is Ai. Ai can only be reached from A, so set Ai to 1.
The next farthest point is ABi. ABi can be reached from A and Ai so set ABi to 1+1=2.
The next farthest point is Bi. Bi can only be reached from ABi, so set Bi to 2.
The next farthest point is the destination B. B can be reached from A, ABi and Bi, so set B to 1+2+2=5.

There are five routes to an adjacent village, so that son will make his last trip on April 5th and the wedding will be the next day on April 6th.

Routes to the second village along the coast (A to C):

A = 1
AFi = A = 1
Fi = AFi = 1
Ai = A + AFi = 2
ABi = Ai + A = 3
M and B are equidistant from C, so in either order:
M = Ai + Fi = 3
B = A + ABi = 4
Bi and Di are equidistant from C, so in either order:
Bi = B + ABi + M = 10
Di = M = 3
BCi and CDi are equidistant from C, so in either order:
BCi = B + Bi = 14
CDi = Di = 3
Ci = BCi + CDi + M = 20
C = B + BCi + CDi + Ci = 41

There are 41 routes from A to C, so that son will make his last trip on May 11th and the wedding will be the next day on May 12th.

Routes to the opposite village (A to D):

Since the intersections to the left and right of the direct path are mirrors, the left-side calculation is assigned to both.
A = 1
F, B = A = 1
FAi, ABi = A + B = 2
Ai = A + ABi + FAi = 5
Fi, Bi = ABi + B = 3
EFi, BCi = B + Bi = 4
M, C and E are equidistant from D, so in any order:
M = Ai + Fi + Bi = 11
E, C = B + BCi = 5
Ei, Ci = BCi + M + C = 20
DEi, CDi = C + Ci = 25
Di = M + CDi + DEi = 61
D = C + E + CDi + DEi + Di = 121

There are 121 routes from A to D, so that son will make his last trip on July 31st and the wedding will be the next day on August 1st.

Bonus Question:

The longest route is a route to the opposite village. Given the above diagram, the longest routes the son will have to travel from A to D is:

A-B-ABi-C-Ci-CDi-Di-D

and the mirror route

A-F-FAi-E-Ei-DEi-Di-D

(ABi-C is the same as ABi-Bi-BCi-C)

If the circumference is 10 miles then the diameter is 10/Pi miles and the radius is 5/Pi miles. Since a regular hexagon is formed from six equilateral triangles, the length of a side of the hexagon is equal to its radius.

The path A-B is then 5/Pi miles. The path B-D bisects the path C-M, so both C-Ci and Di-D are half the radius. A-B + C-Ci + Di-D is then equal to the diameter 10/Pi.

The paths B-ABi, ABi-BCi, and BCi-C are all sides of equilateral triangles with a height of one half of the radius. The paths Ci-CDi and CDi-Di are each half of the side of one of these same triangles. The side of one of these equilateral triangles is

5/(sqrt(3)*Pi)

So the total distance traveled is

10/Pi + 4*(5/(sqrt(3)*Pi)) = 10/Pi + 20/(sqrt(3)*Pi) ~ 6.86 miles

The3p1cN3cr0p4th
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
You have been invited to a game and these are the rules.

You are always playing the game
You do not know who runs the game
You do not know the objective of the game
You do not know how to end the game
You do not know the rules of the game

What is the name of this game?

Ghurdrich
07-12-2010, 10:23 PM

I'd be inclined to say 'Life' except I'm pretty sure I know how to end that game :p

Fenrir7
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM
is there wordplay involed in the question? cuz if it is, i'd say it's called the game

07-13-2010, 06:29 AM

Dude.... You just lost 5 times...

Suppi
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM

You've all just lost it.
-EDIT: OH SHI- SteZil beat me to it.

ying_xiong
07-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I DON'T FRIGGIN PLAY THE GAME. I don't care what anyone says! Seriously whoever thought of the game is stupid... (forgive my attitude, but I'm so tired of hearing about it from my cousin and his friends)

And I hope the purpose of your riddle wasn't just to make a bunch of people lose "the game", The3p1cN3cr0p4th.

07-14-2010, 03:12 AM
You've all just lost it.
-EDIT: OH SHI- SteZil is now officially my mentor, master, and all-round superior

Fixed, yo...

UltimaFox
07-14-2010, 06:56 AM
i don't friggin play the game. I don't care what anyone says! Seriously whoever thought of the game is stupid... (forgive my attitude, but i'm so tired of hearing about it from my cousin and his friends)

and i hope the purpose of your riddle wasn't just to make a bunch of people lose "the game", the3p1cn3cr0p4th.

the game

:3

The3p1cN3cr0p4th
07-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, it's life.

See, even if you were to die you wouldn't end the game since someone else is still playing. And if someone else isn't playing an animal is playing. And if not an animal then a plant or bacteria.

And if not on Earth, out in space somewhere.

Cait Sith
07-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Yeah, it's life.

See, even if you were to die you wouldn't end the game since someone else is still playing. And if someone else isn't playing an animal is playing. And if not an animal then a plant or bacteria.

And if not on Earth, out in space somewhere.

wow...you just blew my mind