Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

[FAQ] Reputation System

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [FAQ] Reputation System

ghost
    Gil

Default [FAQ] Reputation System

Oh no, Kayarine is bored again!? And this time she shall write a guide/FAQ on the reputation system, because there's waaay too many threads asking about it in this section. Thus! It's time for her to stop writing in third person.

Table of Contents
    • What is reputation?
    • What are the benefits for having high reputation?
    • Are there restrictions for how much reputation I can give out?
    • How many points do I give when I +rep someone?
    • How many points to I take when I -rep someone?
    • What is each title that appears when I hover over a member's reputation boxes and when do more boxes appear?

What is reputation?
    Reputation is a vBulletin feature (vBulletin is the platform Dissidia Forums uses, for those who don't know) which basically shows how helpful and/or popular a member is (depends on how the members use it.) A member can give positive or negative reputation to any post, which will affect the reputation of the member who made the post in question.

You can check your Control Panel (which you can access by clicking on "Settings" at the top-right corner of the page) for the latest 5 reputation you received.

To give reputation for a post, click on the 6-pointed star at the left-bottom corner of the post. There, you can choose to give postive or negative reputation by agreeing or disagreeing with it, respectively. You can also choose to add a comment that will appear when the user looks at their Control Panel. Try using this field to explain why you're giving or taking reputation for the post.

Positive reputation (which will be shortened to +rep from now on) is usually given when someone likes or agrees with the post or when it's helpful. Negative reputation (which will be referred to -rep) is for the opposite. Note that some members choose to use the system for other purposes such as sending short messages, but this is not what it's intended for.

What are the benefits for having high reputation?
    The main use for reputation on this forum is to determine your Gil income for the Triple Triad feature. (Click here for info on Triple Triad.)
    Reputation also shows that the user has made a lot of contributing or productive posts, and people will probably respect you for that.

Are there restrictions for how much reputation I can give out?
    Yes. You cannot give reputation to the same member until you give reputation to 10 other members; you'll get a message saying "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to _____ again." You also cannot give reputation more than 10 times in 24 hours.

How many points do I give when I +rep someone?
    You will always give 0 rep if you have less than 50 posts or less than 10 reputation points (this will appear as a gray box on the member's Control Panel instead of the usual green.)
    Once you have over 50 posts and 10 rep or more, you'll give out 1 point per +rep.

After that, there are several things that will add to the amount you give out per +rep:
    • Post count (For every 1000 posts you make, you'll give out 1 more point.)
    • Reputation points (For every 100 points you have, you'll give out 1 more point.)
    • Daily activity (For every 365 days where you logged in, you'll give out 1 more point.)

Remember that those 3 bonuses will apply on top of your base 1 point. Here's an example on how to calculate how much +rep you give:
    Spoiler:
    At the time of writing this post, I have 2400 posts, 901 reputation and I've been active for over 2 years.

Base point for having over 50 posts and 10 rep: 1
    Post count bonus: 2
    Reputation point bonus: 9
    Daily activity bonus: 2

1 + 2 + 9 + 2 = 14

I give out 14 points when I +rep a post.

How many points do I take when I -rep someone?
    Half of the value you give when you +rep someone, rounded down. (e.g. If you give out 5 points per +rep, half of 5 would be 2.5, which is rounded down to 2.)
    Remember that if you have less than 50 posts and 10 rep, you won't take anything. Again, this will appear as a gray box on the Control Panel instead of red in this case.

What is each title that appears when I hover over a member's reputation boxes and when do more boxes appear?
    First, here's a reference if you have no idea of what I'm talking about:

Reputation boxes:
    These appear according to the amount of reputation the member has. Every 100 points, an additional dark green box will appear until the member reaches 500 points. Once they do, additional lighter green boxes will appear every 200 points instead.
    Note that if the member has 0 points, the box will be gray. If they have a negative amount, the box will be red.

Users now have the option of concealing their reputation boxes, which will leave a single, white box with just the member's name when you hover your mouse over it. If you'd like to do this, click on Settings at the top of any page, go go General Settings and select Hide Reputation.

Reputation titles:
    All of them are related to Final Fantasy, the positive ones being related to each protagonist. These change according to the amount of reputation the member has, as well. The point requirement for each title gradually increases.
    Here's the list of known titles and how many points they require:

• -20: _____ is going to get the cuchi-cuchi treatment soon
    • -1: _____ has the misfortune of working under Biggs and Wedge
    • 0: _____ is spiraling into an endless conflict
    • 10: _____ is bathed in Light
    • 15: _____ has a world-changing dream
    • 25: _____ is a multi-talented adventurer
    • 50: _____ is unfettered by the past
    • 75: _____ is off to a new adventure
    • 100: _____ has something worth fighting for
    • 150: _____ is a living legacy
    • 200: _____ has battled over Space and Time
    • 300: _____ is not alone
    • 400: _____ helped bring about an Eternal Calm
    • 500: _____ has a massive world to discover
    • 750: _____ is Licensed for great things!
    • 1000: _____ isn't just a slave to Fate
    • 1500: _____ has reached the end of the Final Fantasy

That's it! I hope that answers any questions regarding how the reputation system works. Any additions or corrections are welcome.
    Last edited by Kayarine; 04-10-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Gil

Brilliant guide; so ironically, I'm going to +rep you! xD
    Formerly Starseeker358

Youtube Channel
    012 Party: CecilTidusTifaGarlandZidane
    Spoiler:
    In memory of The Loft... :'(
    Sig by Kaya

Retired Staff
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Kayarine View Post
    What are the benefits for having high reputation?
    Reputation is mainly for popularity, so don't mind too much when someone -reps you,it just means everyone hates you. However, if you're interested in the forum's Triple Triad feature, know that having high reputation greatly increases your Gil income. (Click here for info on Triple Triad.)
    Nice guideeeeee

Although I'd probably rephrase it to something like "The main use for reputation on this forum is to determine your Gil income for the Triple Triad feature on this forum. Reputation also shows that this user has made a lot of contributing or productive posts, and most people will probably respect you for that."

Or something along those lines.

Or you don't have to. I don't care.

ghost
    Gil

lol

Done, thanks for the suggestion. It sounds less confusing that way.

Cool as Shiva BRKNglassIncarnate's Avatar
    Gil

We should rep Kaya moar to figure out the XIII title to add to the FAQ :3

Gil

Someone! please give something to make our beloved Kaya happy and not bored, btw, nice guide. Ahh... and someone has to do more titles, if not Kaya will get bored again.

[01:25] <!ChaosMuramasa> Hulft youre the only person who makes my heart beat like this.
    [14:24] <!ChaosMuramasa> and hello my BR beautiful waifu Hulft
    [23:12] <%sparki> hulft, you always look good
    Quote Originally Posted by sougo13 View Post
    [18:46] <Sougo> When did it all went wrong?
    Awesome Sig by: Chef Vamps.
    Spoiler:

Boss Sig by: NekoMizu

Gil

Kaya is the master of rep. No wonder she did the rep guide. =P

Gil

Just a question, you put one of the parameters for rep as "Daily Activity" but I thought it was just each year you've been here you get another point, not every year you've been logged in for. Could I just read it wrong but that's what I got from it.

Besides that, handy guide Kaya

Hot-blooded God of Guns TWOxACROSS's Avatar
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    We should rep Kaya moar to figure out the XIII title to add to the FAQ :3
    I don't think I made one...and if I did, I don't remember it >.<

Also - nice work, Kaya.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
    Just a question, you put one of the parameters for rep as "Daily Activity" but I thought it was just each year you've been here you get another point, not every year you've been logged in for. Could I just read it wrong but that's what I got from it.

Besides that, handy guide Kaya
    I'm wondering that too since I heard it was one year from when you made your account. So every time it reaches the day you started DF you get a point 0_0

Great guide btw. This answered so many questions

Team: Lucario l Typholosion l Latios l Tyranitar l Greninja l Scizor
    Friend Code: 212273061560 l Youtube

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast