Alright, I just got an idea. Has anyone here heard of a website called Nintendodeathmatch.com? If you haven't, it's basically a X-vs-Y roleplay arena with Nintendo characters.
What I plan to do is similar, but on a much, much bigger scale. Rather than just Nintendo characters, I'm allowing any and all video game characters as 'contestants'. Anyone and everyone, from the Reaper from the Gauntlet games to the Floor/Wallmasters to the generic soldier mooks of the Metal Gear series can show up to fight.
Here's how this works. I will post two characters, from varying game series and genres, and have you vote on who would win in a fight between the two within a time limit. When that limit has been reached, I will stop accepting votes and write up a match between the two, with whoever got the highest tally emerging victorious. Now, I may do themed matches like mage-vs-mage and such, or special matches with certain conditions, like 5-person squads.
Now, for the rules...
1. You cannot have characters with fully-automatic weapons and/or body armor fight characters without them. It'd ruin the matchup.
2. While you are allowed to send requests, if you use a character I don't know, you should at the very least send me a link to a site with an overview of their abilities if you expect me to use them.
3. As an addendum to the above rule, while you do have the right to request a character for a fight, the final decision of who fights who is mine and mine alone, and it is final.
1. If I decide to forgo the poll thread, you must send me your vote via PM. If I don't, at least let me know who you voted for (not necessary, it'd just be nice to know).
2. I want opinions on who should win based on ability, not popularity. No "this guy should win because I think he's cooler".
3. As an addendum to the previous rule, no complaining if and when your vote loses. It's immature, and it's poor sportsmanship.
1. While I can't guarantee dead-even odds, I'll try to keep them from being too lopsided.
2. No original characters, unless the character in question is from a game that lets you create your own character built around a certain frame. There are far too many OP OC's, and that tends to ruin the fun.
3. As an addendum (again), no OP characters unless they're fighting other OP characters. Tne reasons for this should be plainly obvious.
That said, I'll be awaiting your choices!
(Avatar courtesy of Rydia, sig by Cross)
3DS Friend Code:5455-9685-1394 (if you add me, I'd appreciate a message with your friend code so I could add you too.
TO my fellow Facebook Bronies: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Imgur...32376420241094
Saibaman from Dragon Ball Z
yes you can play them in budokai tenkachi 2
This is in hope you choose him :3
Dissidia Duodecim mains: Kain,TifaDuodecim Mercenary Points= 1300
Because we need someone canonically OP here:
GILGAMESH! FROM FATE/STAY NIGHT!
Anti-World Noble Phantasm FTW!
Oh, link here.
Dissidia: Lightning, Squall
P4A: Yu, Yosuke
BB: Ragna, Jin, Noel