All right guys! Two tournaments under our belt, so it's time to announce the third in the Contentio Aeterna series: Focalization!
As always, you do not need to be part of an existing Team Wars team in order to participate.
All participants will be required to have a NA copy of Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy, as well as access to NA Ad-Hoc Party. Additionally, at least one member of each team is required to be present on the #DDFFCasual IRC channel. For those lacking IRC webclients, the link to the channel may be located here
. Teams that are unable to meet this requirement will be disqualified. The tournament begins at 7PM EST
. Players are urged to be early
by 15 minutes or more if possible. If you expect that you will be running late, please contact one of the TOs to warn us of the situation. If a team cannot participate in their first round match by 7:30 PM EST
that team will forfeit their first round match and drop into the Loser's Bracket. Teams who are then not able to participate in their second match by the time the rest of the second round matches conclude will be disqualified from the tournament.
The following restrictions also apply:
1) If you have been banned from the forum within the last month you may be barred from participating.
(This will be discussed with Dissidia Forums moderators to determine the severity of the ban and the reason.)
2) If you are banned from the IRC channel (#DDFFCasual) you will be barred from participating.
Regarding rage quit disqualifications: A first offense ends in a disqualification from the round. A second offense ends in a disqualification from the tournament.
Individual matches will be best of 5 using a Round Robin 3 Group Battle system. The third match will be considered a placeholder that serves only to simplify procedures, and will not be considered a part of the tournament. I will outline an example of matches below:
Round 1 - Kayarine and LonelyGaruga vs ChaosMuramasa and Khell
Kayarine (Firion) vs ChaosMuramasa (Cloud) = Kayarine (Cloud) 1-0
LonelyGaruga (Cecil) vs Khell (Golbez) = Khell (Golbez) 1-1
[Placeholder] (Either player forfeits)
LonelyGaruga (Cecil) vs ChaosMuramasa (Cloud) = ChaosMuramasa (Cloud) 1-2
Kayarine (Firion) vs Khell (Golbez) = Kayarine (Firion) 2-2
LonelyGaruga (Cecil) vs Khell (Golbez) = LonelyGaruga (Cecil) 3-2
In the event that a team reaches the 3 win mark, no further matches need to be played.
Stage Striking and Counterpicking Procedure:
Before a match takes place, it will be necessary for each team involved to contact their assigned Tournament Organizer. The TO you contact will be given to you in the #DDFFCasual channel. The following steps are then to be taken in order to ensure matches are run smoothly.
1) Both teams send their characters and player order to the TO via query. [Example: Kayarine (Firion), LonelyGaruga (Cecil).]
2) The TO will select either team leader and provide a coin flip to determine who goes first in the stage striking procedure. The team leader selected will call either heads or tails, and the one that called it correctly will strike first.
3) The player that strikes first will choose from the following stages: Lunar Subterrane, Crystal World, Order's Sanctuary, Pandaemonium - Top Floor, M.S. Prima Vista.
4) The TO will send the list of remaining stages to the other team who will perform step 3. This will repeat until a single stage remains. The stage selected will be played on the first round. (Example: Team A strikes Lunar, Team B strikes Prima Vista, Team A strikes Crystal World, Team B strikes Top Floor, play on Order's Sanctuary.)
5) Repeat steps 3-5 and change striking order (team who struck second will now strike first).
6) The TO will announce the selected stages and characters. The two teams will then proceed to play their matches.
After Set 1, the team who won the right to strike first in Match 1 will change player order. The other team will remain in the same order. (For example, if Chaos and Khell won the toss, they will switch order while Kaya and Garuga stay in the same order.)
1) Both teams will send their character choices to the TO via query.
2) The team who lost Match 1 in Set 1 will choose the stage for Match 1 in Set 2 via query to the TO.
3) The team who lost Match 2 in Set 1 will choose the stage for Match 2 in Set 2 via query to the TO.
4) The TO will announce the selected stages and characters. The two teams will then proceed to play their matches.
In the event of a 2-2 tie after Set 2 is complete, follow the procedure for Set 3:
1) Teams will send a player and character choice to the TO via query. NEW!
- If a player has won both of their matches in the current set, they are restricted
from participating in the tiebreaker. This prevents a team from being carried by a single player. - NEW!
2) Repeat Steps 2-4 from Set 1's striking procedure to choose a stage for the tiebreaker.
3) The TO will announce the selected stage and characters. The tiebreaker may be played.
Reporting Match Results
When a match is finished, one of the winning team members should contact their TO and report the result of the match. Please use the following format (or something similar):
Kayarine (Lightning) vs ChaosMuramasa (Squall) [Crystal World] - Kayarine (1-0)
LonelyGaruga (Firion) vs Khell (Yuna) [Lunar Subterrane] - LonelyGaruga (2-0)
LonelyGaruga (Firion) vs ChaosMuramasa (Squall) [Order's Sanctuary] - ChaosMuramasa (2-1)
Kayarine (Lightning) vs Khell (Yuna) [Crystal World] - Khell (2-2)
Kayarine (Firion) vs ChaosMuramasa (Cloud) [Pandaemonium - Top Floor] - Kayarine (3-2)
Team A (Kayarine and LonelyGaruga) win 3-2.
TOs will post results in this thread and the bracket will be updated accordingly.
It is requested (NOT required) that all players save replays whenever possible. Replays from the tournament are asked to be sent to DDFFCasual@gmail.com
, so that we may have the tournament uploaded. For those uncertain of how to accomplish this, please look at this thread
If players become disconnected, it is expected that they attempt to resume play on the same stages and the same characters. In the event that players cannot connect via group battle, it is recommended that teams split into separate AHP houses and attempt to play their matches in the Single Player lobbies. If you still have a problem with connecting with one of your opponents, contact your TO.
Players: Player A + Player B
PSN: Player A's PSN + Player B's PSN
Time Zone: Player A's Timezone + Player B's Timezone
Team: Team Name
Team Represented: Player A's DF Team + Player B's DF Team (if you are not a member of a team, just put None. If both players are part of the same team, just put it once.)
Huge thanks to Vance for providing those neat icons for the rules and Narolf for maintaining the updates on this thread while I was away.
Due to space restrictions, moving the signups to the second post.