Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Bond Breaker Doesn't Work

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bond Breaker Doesn't Work

Gil

Default Bond Breaker Doesn't Work

I know, not the most relevant of news seeing as nobody uses it as it is, but I figured I'd let you all know anyway that I have found out that the Bond Breaker accessory (Boostable 2% chance for full Assist drain + 20% Defense decrease) cannot be activated.

I ended up trying it out whilst derping around earlier and noticed that it never seemed to activate, so I decided to try to force it to activate. I put the accessory in question and enough multipliers for a 99.9 boost on my Onion Knight, and even after 5 BRV > BRV links at about a 200% chance for full Assist drain my Emperor target dummy friend card still had two full Assist bars. So unless %s over 100 derp out the computer (Which might actually be the case, now that I mention it, will try out later), that means Bond Breaker is broken.

I don't know if the accessory still lowers your defense. I'll have to try that later when I have more time.

DeviantArt/Replay Thread/Graphics Thread/Drawing Thread
    Spoiler:

My old Loft sig by Kaya

Never forget, never give a fuck. Long live the Loft.

Gil

That sucks. Good find.

Gil

Neither do any of the EX Damage Boost items.
    In my experience anyways.

Thanks to Galadin for the awesome signatures

[00:50] <Luna_> what happens in vegas.....will happen in vegas again

Gil

Bond and EX Breaker should be for assist/EX breaks, respectively, rather than depletion. Can you double check EX Breaker on an opponent in EX mode?

@ Zodiark: They do, but the damage boost isn't large enough to be obvious by itself.
    Tournament signature by Galadin.
    Spoiler:
    Garuga signature by Kayarine.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMuramasa View Post
    AND GARUGA BE LIKE

"YOLOOOOO GOT THIS SHIT"

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Bond and EX Breaker should be for assist/EX breaks, respectively, rather than depletion. Can you double check EX Breaker on an opponent in EX mode?
    Unless I misunderstood, I thought the EX/assist Iai Strikes worked regardless of whether or not you were in EX mode. It doesn't give an assist or ex break, as far as I know. And since Bond Breaker doesn't even work... well, yeah. I'm pretty sure that EX Breaker works though.

Though apart, forever connected.

Above sig courtesy of Kayarine, sigs in spoilers courtesy of Kurayami and Waffles.
    Spoiler:

Gil

I can confirm that they both DO work. It's like this - you have a % chance of - on any initial hit - completely draining their gauge to 0. It's just like Iai - you're not going to see brv depletion each time but every once and a while, you're going to completely break them. EX will completely drain their EX meter to 0. Assist, their assist meter to 0.

Last time I ran either in PvP was vs Neros Tidus. If I recall, it sapped his full meter when he has a final EXR ready. I just testing on the cpu, though and it definitely works for all three abilities.
    That fearless attitude
    | Fei Long | Akihiko | Jecht | Captain Falcon | Slayer |

Currently Playing:
    | Mostly Working - Some Mario Maker and Maple Story |

Gil

I found it didn't work too. Back when only the JP version was out, I have tested the accessory.
    Last post of this thread:
    http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread...ry-translation

EDIT: tested using x99 booster with Smiting Soul, EX Breaker and Bond Breaker at the same time.
    The top left screen showed "Iai strike activated" and "EX iai strike activated" but never showed a message for Bond Breaker's effect.
    Last edited by ujhbn; 05-08-2012 at 04:46 AM.
    Mission Points: 15130

My Triple Triad Collection
    012 Battle Mechanics
    Last update: 05-04-2011

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It doesn't cause EX Break, it simply drops the EX bar to zero and, as a result, knocks them out of EX mode. Effectively the same as hitting an EX break on Gabranth (you don't get stage BRV, but you end their EX mode prematurely). Also, this can still activate and drain their EX while they're not in EX mode. So if you want to troll a Gabranth player, slap an EX Breaker build on an Onion Knight.

I know this because the AI has done this to me several times, but I went ahead and tested it (with the same setup used to test Bond Breaker) to confirm, and this is indeed the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Veysey View Post
    I can confirm that they both DO work. It's like this - you have a % chance of - on any initial hit - completely draining their gauge to 0. It's just like Iai - you're not going to see brv depletion each time but every once and a while, you're going to completely break them. EX will completely drain their EX meter to 0. Assist, their assist meter to 0.

Last time I ran either in PvP was vs Neros Tidus. If I recall, it sapped his full meter when he has a final EXR ready. I just testing on the cpu, though and it definitely works for all three abilities.
    I'm aware that it's only a chance, but for my test I boosted that chance to 198.8% and proceeded to hit the target over five times with Multi-Hit > Extra Slice. Which, according to ujhbn's data, works out to be over 180 hits. If 180+ hits does not activate an effect that has a 198.8% chance to activate on a hit, then something is wrong.

If you were able to get Assist Iai Strike to activate, could you elaborate on how you did it?

Also, the example you gave with Nero seems to refer to the EX Iai Strike, which we already know works fine. The only accessory in question is Bond Breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by ujhbn View Post
    I found it didn't work too. Back when only the JP version was out, I have tested the accessory.
    Last post of this thread:
    http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread...ry-translation

EDIT: tested using x99 booster with Smiting Soul, EX Breaker and Bond Breaker at the same time.
    The top left screen showed "Iai strike activated" and "EX iai strike activated" but never showed a message for Bond Breaker's effect.
    We have the same results then. Tomorrow I'll check to see if the Defense reduction on Bond Breaker still works despite the main effect not (this wouldn't be useful knowledge, of course, but I'm curious).

DeviantArt/Replay Thread/Graphics Thread/Drawing Thread
    Spoiler:

My old Loft sig by Kaya

Never forget, never give a fuck. Long live the Loft.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    It doesn't cause EX Break, it simply drops the EX bar to zero and, as a result, knocks them out of EX mode. Effectively the same as hitting an EX break on Gabranth (you don't get stage BRV, but you end their EX mode prematurely). Also, this can still activate and drain their EX while they're not in EX mode. So if you want to troll a Gabranth player, slap an EX Breaker build on an Onion Knight.

I know this because the AI has done this to me several times, but I went ahead and tested it (with the same setup used to test Bond Breaker) to confirm, and this is indeed the case.
    Huh, would have expected the other Iai Strike accessories to cause break, looking at how there is Bravery break, EX break, and assist break, and an Iai strike that corresponds with each one. It still matches by reducing them to zero instantly, which admittedly is something I should have expected, eheh...thanks for the correction. I find it odd that Bond Breaker doesn't work and EX Breaker does, but this whole game is full of oddities.
    Tournament signature by Galadin.
    Spoiler:
    Garuga signature by Kayarine.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMuramasa View Post
    AND GARUGA BE LIKE

"YOLOOOOO GOT THIS SHIT"

Gil

It works, at least if you got max % you should get the effect. Here's the proof:

As for the accessories I equipped:
    PPSSPPWindows64 2014-09-25 23-15-54-38.jpg
    Dormin: You sought death in exchange for revival...now, face the consequences of your actions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast