Alright, looks like there's enough interest in the project for the community to at least give this a shot. Here we go ladies and gentlemen. Cross your fingers and hope for the best!
This topic is stage 1 out of 6 for this gigantic project.
Here are the seperate stages:
Stage 1: - Main Plot Disscussion (Rough Draft) [Current Stage]
Stage 2: - Character Scenario (Rough Draft) (Divide Teams)
Stage 3: - Main Plot Disscussion (Final/Script)
Stage 4: - Character Senario (Final) (Teams) (Script)
Stage 5: - Review/QA (Any discrepancies, contradictions, plot holes? Correct spelling and grammar used?)
Stage 6: - Quest/Video Production (Quest/Video Teams)
We'll sign up for teams when we reach Stage 2 (Character teams) and Stage 6 (Quest Team and Video Team). I'll go into specifics of teams when we get to that stage.
(Note: depending on where the project goes and what happens, the stages might differ slightly.)
Main Plot Discussion - Rough Draft
In this topic, we will discuss general ideas on where to take the plot of this Quest.
Here are the plot points used in the actual game:
- Character X (Player character) wakes up on the world map. Character X meets a Moogle.
- Character X travels to the Cavern of Earth. There he hears the voice of a another Moogle.
- Character X rescues said Moogle. Moogle mentions the "Mured Moogle" trapped deeper inside.
- The Mured Moogle mentions that he has sealed something inside but cannot remember. He later remembers that he sealed a gateway leading towards the Northern Continent for an unknown reason. He requests to be taken there.
- Character X rescues Mured Moogle.
- An unidentified narrator says: "A past once stolen cannot be returned. Even then, he should now be able to walk
straight ahead towards the future..."
- Character X meets Shantotto (Cue Shantotto story from the previous Dissidia game.)
- Character X meets Gabranth (Cue Gabranth story from the previous Dissidia game.)
- During their travels a flash back plays to Chaos's death in the 13th cycle. Shinryu says: "The god of discord is given
the final chance to exact revenge..." "Judgment upon...forced on thee the cycle of battle!"
- Character X encounters a manikin version of Feral Chaos at the Southern Lufenia Gateway.
- Upon reaching the seal leading to the Northern Continent the Mured Moogle recovers his memories and introduces himself as the Great Will (we'll call him Cid from now on) and explains the current situation and the state of the world.
- Cid mentions that the door to the Rift is open and the only way to reach it would be to defeat Feral Chaos.
- During their travels, Cid explains how the cycle works and how Chaos went insane. He also mentioned that he sealed Cosmos along with him. However, she was not there when you came along.
- While Cid was confessing, he wondered how Character X manage to wander into this world and why he has memories of Chaos and Cosmos.
- At the end of 000. Chaos says the following:
"Can you hear my voice? Cid has awakened--in the world in which I was felled in the 13th conflict."
"And another thing happened-- Another miracle."
"The 'crystals' of the warriors who were defeated despite the strongest resolve have brought 'her' back to that world."
"And Shinryu departed for the Rift. I guess the conflict will never repeat again."
"Thank you so much...for saving my father..."
Fun little tidbits that I can remember in 000 that could be useful towards the plot:
- Despite the 012 team sealing the portal that produced Manikins. Manikins have overrun this world. How did they come about when Chaos's forces was defeated in the 13th cycle and his warriors having lost their memories (remember, 000 is a dream world/alternate reality where the cycle did not stop at 013.)
- Even though all of the warriors was killed off, "Shadows" of these warriors were found scattered around the map. These warriors has lost the will to continue fighting/living and often say things that go against their beliefs before fading away.