Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

[Guide] BRV to HP manual chains - Page 2

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] BRV to HP manual chains

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by XxGCBxX View Post
    Than for replying but this is a chains thread and squall's Blasting Zone is a dodgeable combo. Chains are impossible to escape. Ultima is a game chain, you only have to press the buttons sequence and not combine attacks.
    You clearly don't understand what you even made the thread for, then. You list Thunder Barret > Revolver Drive, but can't do Blasting Zone, which is easier to land? Fact is, Blasting Zone is 2f faster than Revolver Drive, which means if Revolver Drive works, Blasting Zone works. Electroshield > Ragnarok Buster is genuinely illegitimate, too. And the ridiculously incomplete nature of this isn't even close to making it worth the thread being made. You want this to be a guide? Let me give you a better idea of what a list should look like.

Warrior of Light:

Blue Fang > Any HP (besides Radiant Sword)
    White Fang > Any HP (besides Radiant Sword)

Garland:

Thundaga > Flare (corner)

Firion:

Fire > Any HP
    Swordslash > Rope Knife > Double Trouble (needs a wall)
    Shield Bash > Rope Knife > Double Trouble (Phantom Train only)

The Emperor:

Thunder Crest > Any HP (besides Starfall)
    Dynamite (full charge) > Flare (requires wall)

Pretty much any BRV > HP works with a trap in place already.

Onion Knight:

Blizzard > Blizzaga > Turbo-Hit > Guiding Swipe

Cloud of Darkness:

Tentacles of Pain 3 > [Anti-Air] Particle Beam
    Tentacles of Spite 3 > [Anti-Air] Particle Beam

Way too many others to list thanks to how Spite 3 works, along with her EX mode.

Cecil:

Dark Cannon > Any Dark Knight HP
    Slash > Paladin Force
    Searchlight > Any HP (including EX mode switches)
    Paladin Arts > Any HP (including EX mode switches)

Kain:

Cyclone > Any HP (besides Jump)
    Jump (connect at apex, then DC) > Any HP (besides Jump)

Golbez:

Attack System > Any HP
    Gravity Force > Gravity System/Float System/Genesis Rock

Exdeath:

Black Hole > Any HP (besides Maelstrom)

Gilgamesh:

Double Trouble > Hurricane (requires ceiling, moderate weapon length)
    Whirlwind Slash > Hurricane
    Electrocute > Sword Dance/Hurricane

Terra:

Meltdown > Holy Combo > Ultima (cannot be dodged under normal circumstances, isn't a proper combo)

Similar with Emperor, Meltdown can combo with any BRV if one is already in play.

Kefka:

Waggly-Wobbly Firaga > Any HP

Cloud:

Fire > Any HP
    Climhazzard (2 hits) > Slashing Blow > Omnislash Version 5
    Double Cut > Cross-Slash (requires opponent in air)
    Meteorain > Slashing Blow > Omnislash Version 5 (requires corner)

The Rising Fang > Braver one mentioned doesn't work.

Tifa:

Blizzaga > Any HP

Sephiroth:

Shadow Flare > Any HP (besides Black Materia)

Squall:

Thunder Barret > Any HP (besides Rough Divide)
    Fire Barret > Aerial Circle/Rough Divide

Laguna:

Grenade Bomb > Ragnarok Buster/Satellite Laser
    Sticky Bomb > Any HP

Ultimecia:

Charged Knight's Arrow > Any HP

Zidane:

Scoop Art > Any HP
    Booster 8 > Swift Attack/Tempest/Free Energy
    Shift Break > Swift Attack > Meo Twister

Kuja:

Snatch Shot > Flare Star
    Ring Holy > Any HP
    EX Auto-Magic > Flare Star

Shantotto:

Bio > Any HP
    Stun > Any HP

Prishe:

Holy > Any HP

Gabranth:

Aero > Any HP

Lightning:

Fire > Any HP
    Watera > Crushing Blow/Thunderfall
    Aerora > Lightning Strike

Complete? No. More complete? Yeah. Necessary? Not in the slightest. Most anyone that knows how to play understands what combos exist. We don't need a list, especially one formed by someone who clearly has little experience with a 4 year old game.
    Tournament signature by Galadin.
    Spoiler:
    Garuga signature by Kayarine.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMuramasa View Post
    AND GARUGA BE LIKE

"YOLOOOOO GOT THIS SHIT"

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post

Squall:

Thunder Barret > Any HP (besides Rough Divide)
    Didn't know Thunder Barret->Aerial Circle was possible. The more you now :u

Spoiler:
    Sephiroth, Prishe, CoD

<ForeverAloneGaruga> AxeL is a bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kurayami View Post
    Well, I doubt any of the 'drama' from the threads I create will ever enter the backroom. Mainly due to the absence of Team L7W.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    You clearly don't understand what you even made the thread for, then. You list Thunder Barret > Revolver Drive, but can't do Blasting Zone, which is easier to land? Fact is, Blasting Zone is 2f faster than Revolver Drive, which means if Revolver Drive works, Blasting Zone works. Electroshield > Ragnarok Buster is genuinely illegitimate, too. And the ridiculously incomplete nature of this isn't even close to making it worth the thread being made. You want this to be a guide? Let me give you a better idea of what a list should look like.

Complete? No. More complete? Yeah. Necessary? Not in the slightest. Most anyone that knows how to play understands what combos exist. We don't need a list, especially one formed by someone who clearly has little experience with a 4 year old game.
    Dude... come on. its an effort and there are still players out there that dont know about all of these combos. and while your list is appreciated, your comments are dripping with elitism towards a player thats honestly trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star
    I don't pocket prishe. I main prishe. I pocket jecht
    Quote Originally Posted by END
    That's like saying you main god and sub peasants
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by END
    everything is really simple, you just have to to think that nothing is complicated

kick ass picture done by galadin

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by X-star View Post
    Dude... come on. its an effort and there are still players out there that dont know about all of these combos. and while your list is appreciated, your comments are dripping with elitism towards a player thats honestly trying to help.
    Garuga is right, though. Any combos you would want to know about are probably located in one of the many guides that cover characters instead of some vague and yet oddly specific part of gameplay for most chars.

Besides, this thread has led to some really inaccurate/misleading statements like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Deary5 View Post
    Cloud = Rising Fang -> Braver.
    Is that supposed to be a joke?

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by X-star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenCarver View Post
    Any combos you would want to know about are probably located in one of the many guides that cover characters instead of some vague and yet oddly specific part of gameplay for most chars.
    Right on the spot again. This is exactly why I replied the way I did. Anyone that wants to learn about a character checks the character section, whether it be combos, builds, matchups, guides, anything. We don't need a general thread. If a person wants to learn about combos, they want a detailed list of combos, including assist combos, EXR combos, and BRV > BRV combos, not just BRV > HP combos. A general guide on only one of these combo types is shallow and redundant. This is why we have a combo thread in every single character board, so that all of the combos are examined in depth.

Furthermore, this person clearly only joined just recently, and one of the first posts they make is this thread, and proceed to demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of the topic they try to cover. Who does that? How is that, in any way, a logical decision? The game's years old, even the newest players should be aware of how old the game is and how likely it is that these combos are already known. Why make a thread about it? We don't need a thread about it, we already have 31 different combo threads that go into far more depth on each individual character than this thread could possibly hope for from the outset. This was a doomed project from the beginning, and shouldn't have been made in the first place.

I'm not trying to be an elitist jackass or anything, regardless of how I come off as. I'm trying to point out how little sense this makes. Good intentions are meaningless without the foresight to execute them properly. TC is probably too new to realize that we already had all these combo threads in the first place, but it's naive to think otherwise in the first place. All TC had to do was look around in the character boards and notice that we have combo threads already made. But they didn't. Good intentions or not, that doesn't help anyone.

TC should browse the forum/IRC a bit before trying to contribute or anything, that way they'll be able to better direct their good intentions. Just need a better understanding of the forum and game first.

On the off chance TC doesn't know what TC means, it means Topic Creator.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    AND GARUGA BE LIKE

"YOLOOOOO GOT THIS SHIT"

Gil

So you're saying aerial fang > double cut > omnislash > finishing touch isn't a combo?

"I commend your courage, but I will show you no mercy."
    ~Alexandria General, Bae'atrix

Gil

Sure, that's just as much a combo as Rope Knife > Jecht Rush > Black Materia > Power of the Void. Why not?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    AND GARUGA BE LIKE

"YOLOOOOO GOT THIS SHIT"

Gil

Garuga is right, though. Any combos you would want to know about are probably located in one of the many guides that cover characters instead of some vague and yet oddly specific part of gameplay for most chars.

Besides, this thread has led to some really inaccurate/misleading statements like this one:

Is that supposed to be a joke?
    The thing is, a lot of the time, being right<being friendly and understanding. Wording things in a way that comes off less elitist will help the forum retain active members and posters. Eventually, people can get good enough to contribute worthwhile strategies and whatnot, but letting their skills flourish and keeping them around by not making them feel bad about themselves is also important. I think a lot of players already know what's inaccurate that was posted in this thread, so a harsh, sharp rebuttal we can do without

Garuga did make a pretty good list, but X-star makes a valid statement too. We should also keep people coming here especially in case a new Dissidia comes around. It would be cool to see Dissidia become really popular again.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by kewldude475 View Post
    being right<being friendly and understanding.
    Well, it's good to have both. But if you only get one, being right is the more important one. An asshole who gives correct information is better than a nice fellow who spouts well-meaning nontruths.

Gil

Well, it's good to have both. But if you only get one, being right is the more important one. An asshole who gives correct information is better than a nice fellow who spouts well-meaning nontruths.
    We don't have to only have one I did mention wording things better too. This is off topic though, so I'll have to withdraw myself from this conversation here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast