Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

[General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News - Page 201

Sponsored Links

Page 201 of 302 FirstFirst ... 101151176191197198199200201202203204205211226251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 3015

Thread: [General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News

Gil

so 3v3, the thing literally no one asked for, is gonna make 1v1, the thing everyone wants, kinda blow? Shit at the very least the characters should be able to stand on their own in a 1v1 environment if youre going to bother with it at all. Characters like terra and y'sholta are gonna get eaten alive without a team to give support. This is ridiculous.

GG team ninja. GG square.
    you screwed the pooch.
    Last edited by X-star; 11-22-2015 at 04:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star
    I don't pocket prishe. I main prishe. I pocket jecht
    Quote Originally Posted by END
    That's like saying you main god and sub peasants
    Spoiler:

everything is really simple, you just have to to think that nothing is complicated

kick ass picture done by galadin

Gil

can already see a team brazil :c
    "Protecting a man's pride... is a woman's duty"-

| YouTube | Replays | Twitch | Biography | Tournaments: 22 |

Carbuncle's Reflection X-Striker's Avatar
    Gil

Well considering that the core mechanics of Dissidia were rooted off of what was previously a 1v1 series, my guess is that a 1v1 mode should at least be playable. The only real problems I can think of off the top of my head are the summoning system and WoL's ex skill won't be nearly as effective in 1v1. The summoning is far more effective with your party to both cover for you and reduce the casting time. This would be far more difficult in 1v1 unless there is some change in solo mode (something like the cast time is reduced by half in solo). WoL's ex skill would also be a problem since his ability relies on drawing opponents, which of course is pretty useless in 1v1. The other ex skills seem pretty functional in both settings from what was shown so far. As for balance team play is most likely to be the focus although in a best case scenario all modes (1v1, 2v2, 3v3) will be taken into consideration.

DDFF Mains: Tidus, Cecil, Vaan Subs: Jecht, WoL
    Spoiler:
    Thanks to Galadin for this sig.

Gil

The thing is there is a fundamental difference between team games and 1v1 games.

A well-designed team game has mechanics centered around team dynamics. They have characters based around supporting other characters, or characters that might be weak on their own but are awesome with team support. A lot of times in team games characters end up becoming specialized in roles, such as support and carry in mobas. I see that they're kinda heading this direction by having things like "heavy" and "speed" characters.

Having specialized characters means that, even if all characters end up at around the same power level, there are going to be a lot of one-sided matchups. If role A beats role B then in a team game there will also be a role C which you beat, or you can use the help of your teammates to beat A. In a 1v1 if you end up in a A vs B mu you're just dead. Like say you were playing competitive pokemon but itstead of teams of 6, each player only used one pokemon. Then if you pick a fire pokemon and he picked a water pokemon you lose. This wouldn't happen in a team game because presumably you're not an idiot who picked a team of 6 fire pokemons.

The result is a game which in unbalanced even if the gaps between the tiers are very small.

Spoiler:
    Sephiroth, Prishe, CoD

<ForeverAloneGaruga> AxeL is a bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kurayami View Post
    Well, I doubt any of the 'drama' from the threads I create will ever enter the backroom. Mainly due to the absence of Team L7W.

Gil

So in other words if the game DOES have 1v1 Bartz is going to be absolutely ridiculous cause he functions like all three roles and gets increasingly more powerful as time goes on, even if his EX-Skill becomes entirely useless.

Got it.

Carbuncle's Reflection Skyler246's Avatar
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by X-star View Post
    so 3v3, the thing literally no one asked for, is gonna make 1v1, the thing everyone wants, kinda blow? Shit at the very least the characters should be able to stand on their own in a 1v1 environment if youre going to bother with it at all. Characters like terra and y'sholta are gonna get eaten alive without a team to give support. This is ridiculous.

GG team ninja. GG square.
    you screwed the pooch.

It's understandable that people really want the 1v1 aspect because that's what everybody wants from any fighting game but honestly I think people need to chill out cause this is all based on an arcade version of the game so a console version thats at least 6+ months away, can and will probably be quite different balance wise. Also it sucks yeah that maybe the 1v1 focus from DDFF is not the focus here, but if you keep fighting against the new direction the game is going in than your just going to have a lot less fun with it than people who are willing to go with the flow and see what the game has to offer. As long as 1v1 and 2v2 are supported and offered than thats all I can ask for.

On another note, I could be completely wrong here, but I thought I read somewhere that it's possible to switch your direct control over characters during a fight? If thats the case than maybe the new 1v1 is more strategic based in terms team dynamics and having the ability to play as a shoot character and switch to a heavy character if the situation arises.

At the very least be happy they decided to bring the Dissidia franchise to arcades and hopefully consoles and seem to be giving the impression that they will continue to support it with updates. It's quite clear that DFF and DDFF were NOT balanced or supported post launch besides some new costumes and songs.
    PSN: Skyler246
    My Main: The Manly Vaan?

Characters of Interest:
    Vaan, Tidus, Prishe
    Spoiler:

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Dyxo Xinoro View Post
    So in other words if the game DOES have 1v1 Bartz is going to be absolutely ridiculous cause he functions like all three roles and gets increasingly more powerful as time goes on, even if his EX-Skill becomes entirely useless.

Got it.
    That's not what I said at all. But ok.

Spoiler:
    Sephiroth, Prishe, CoD

<ForeverAloneGaruga> AxeL is a bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kurayami View Post
    Well, I doubt any of the 'drama' from the threads I create will ever enter the backroom. Mainly due to the absence of Team L7W.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler246 View Post
    It's understandable that people really want the 1v1 aspect because that's what everybody wants from any fighting game but honestly I think people need to chill out cause this is all based on an arcade version of the game so a console version thats at least 6+ months away, can and will probably be quite different balance wise. Also it sucks yeah that maybe the 1v1 focus from DDFF is not the focus here, but if you keep fighting against the new direction the game is going in than your just going to have a lot less fun with it than people who are willing to go with the flow and see what the game has to offer. As long as 1v1 and 2v2 are supported and offered than thats all I can ask for.

On another note, I could be completely wrong here, but I thought I read somewhere that it's possible to switch your direct control over characters during a fight? If thats the case than maybe the new 1v1 is more strategic based in terms team dynamics and having the ability to play as a shoot character and switch to a heavy character if the situation arises.

At the very least be happy they decided to bring the Dissidia franchise to arcades and hopefully consoles and seem to be giving the impression that they will continue to support it with updates. It's quite clear that DFF and DDFF were NOT balanced or supported post launch besides some new costumes and songs.
    Of course I'm glad theres a new dissidia and of course I'll be willing to try playing it if only for nostalgia purposes. However, it is still very very different from the games that i am accustomed to. If what you said is true, and i'll be able to switch between characters in battles, that raises another issue for me. If I'm controlling one of the characters, that means two things in my eyes.

1) it means theyll stand around and do nothing, which isn't very likely. So I think that 2.) that means that my other two characters are being driven by the ai, which is kind of a huge power to give to something that can only follow a certain amount of instructions and is considered notoriously bad in fighting games in general. And even if I can switch, then I'll still be in the same situation. It'd be a train wreck where i'd have to switch between my characters at all times JUST to make sure that the AI isnt running them into three swords and a hurricane. Also, I really don't think the arcade version and the console versions will be much different. Why? Well thats just the trend i've seen in fighting games that get brought over to console. They largely stat the same. Hell, its even using a nostandard game pad, identical to a ps4 controller

And I am extremely jaded about the "support" theyre going to give the consoles when it happens. Given the trends of game companies nowadays, i'll end up having to stress about microtransactions for each of the other characters/stages/music i want. They said there'd be 50 characters, right? I'm willing to bet only half of them will be avaliable when the game drops and the other half will need to be payed for.
    Last edited by X-star; 11-22-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star
    I don't pocket prishe. I main prishe. I pocket jecht
    That's like saying you main god and sub peasants
    Spoiler:

everything is really simple, you just have to to think that nothing is complicated

kick ass picture done by galadin

Gil

I can't wait to see some videos about Emperor.. I hope he'll be in that dissidia 2015.. God.. Have mercy for us. Please.. Square Enix Y_Y
    Thanks To Galadin for the Avatar & Signature graphics.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
    I can't wait to see some videos about Emperor.. I hope he'll be in that dissidia 2015.. God.. Have mercy for us. Please.. Square Enix Y_Y
    Why wouldn't he be? The entire cast is returning iirc.

Page 201 of 302 FirstFirst ... 101151176191197198199200201202203204205211226251301 ... LastLast