Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

[General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News - Page 291

Sponsored Links

Page 291 of 302 FirstFirst ... 41191241266281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3015

Thread: [General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News

Potion Dealer
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by kewldude475 View Post
    Omnislash looks a lot more powerful than the other HP attacks I've seen, so I just figured the game had a similar type of extra-powerful HPA.
    Some HP attacks have built in BRV hits inside them.
    However these combos also extend the lenght of the attack and increase the risk of a counter.

I got you but I'm just answering your thoughts
    HP attacks can be visually impressive without being an ex burst ( knowing they don't exist in this game anymore ).

Gil

That's good. I saw some of the other HP attacks and they seem pretty hit (Firion's Lord of Arms) or miss (Lightning's Crushing Blow). It's pretty disappointing EX bursts are gone. Omnislash is by far the most impressive attack I've seen so far. Still though, game looks pretty fun overall, though 012 seems more strategic. Though Arcade may have many strategic nuances I'm just not really seeing/caring about at the moment.

Though looking at more vids, some of these attacks are really cool looking. Overall this game looks like it'll be fun. I'm looking forward to the community coming back again.
    Last edited by kewldude475; 09-16-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Gil

Battle of the gods event:

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by kewldude475 View Post
    That's good. I saw some of the other HP attacks and they seem pretty hit (Firion's Lord of Arms) or miss (Lightning's Crushing Blow). It's pretty disappointing EX bursts are gone. Omnislash is by far the most impressive attack I've seen so far. Still though, game looks pretty fun overall, though 012 seems more strategic. Though Arcade may have many strategic nuances I'm just not really seeing/caring about at the moment.

Though looking at more vids, some of these attacks are really cool looking. Overall this game looks like it'll be fun. I'm looking forward to the community coming back again.
    From what I can tell the strategic nuances in Arcade has more to do with teamwork and ex-skill managing than individual skill, plus every character seems more specialized than in 012. The only generalists left is probably Lightning, and even then she can't really play support, and Bartz.

Gil
    Last edited by 7th_heaven; 09-21-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Gil

Well, EX Bursts don't mesh well with the new style of Dissidia. I miss them too at times, but I would like to see what they do with this rather than try and implement mechanics that wouldn't work well or not try something new.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuji View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dissidia/co...e_information/

- The first conflict of the gods will start September 15th at 8 AM. It will end on September 28th.

- Ace will be unlocked with points earned during the conflict of the gods : If you're in the winners team you will have to get 1500 points. If you're in the loosers team you will have to get 2000 points.

- Knowing the rewards are given after the first match you play once the conflict is finished, Ace is most likely going to appear on the 28th.

- These rewards : player icon, Suzaku title, BGM ( suzaku's fire ), Ace will also be unique rewards related to the first edition of the conflict of the gods. I guess that regarding Ace, all players won't be able to play him instantly, rather, the ones who will earn enough points will get to play him in an "early access" kind of deal.
    Wait, they're doing events on Arcade, just to get Ace? wtf that's stupid.
    It makes sense on mobile games, but why arcades? Japan, you confuse me.
    ================================================== ===================
    Wanna see the most awesome Kingdom Hearts meme in history? Click spoiler.

Spoiler:

Potion Dealer
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by DJVD View Post
    Wait, they're doing events on Arcade, just to get Ace? wtf that's stupid.
    It makes sense on mobile games, but why arcades? Japan, you confuse me.
    For Ace, what they're giving via the first event is just a pre-access kind of deal. Meaning that Ace's official release date will probably be around mid-october, but players who got enough points in the conflict of god will be able to play him early as soon as the event ends ( September 28th ).

That's a good move commercially though:

- the conflict of gods is a monthly event centered around the community, a lot of players are interested by this aspect ( being part of a side and facing the other one ), giving unique rewards also gives a good enough reason to attract the more hardcore players
    - Some players who invested a lot into the game are now just hovering over it here and then, and the release of a character is an event which increases a lot the player number during 2 to 3 weeks. What they're doing here is basically increasing this period to 5 weeks by adding some weeks of pre-access depending on a 2 weeks conflict. Those who want to test the character asap will have to play for at least 2 weeks more in order to get it
    - By making the pre-access relying on their new mode, it also forces players to grow accustomed to this mode and may translate into a monthly raise in players around these said events.

I do'nt think they will make all characters have a pre-access with the Conflict of gods, however I'm pretty sure every 4 or 6 months we will get one of these characters have the same kind of deal than Ace.

Carbuncle's Reflection Teoskaven's Avatar
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by 7th_heaven View Post
    Hopefully they'll announce the next character; it'd be disappointing if it's just a re-confirmation of Ace (unless they back with more stuff like a new stage or a new summon).

Dissidia mains: Gabranth, Cloud Strife, Kuja
    Duodecim mains: Gilgamesh, Warrior of Light, Cloud Strife

Gil

It'll be Ace's trailer proper along with the balance changes and whatever new bells and whistles that come with his patch update like alternate colors or more weapons.

Fake movesets including but not limited to characters FF I-XIVhttp://dissidiaforums.com/showthread...l=1#post308747

Page 291 of 302 FirstFirst ... 41191241266281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast