Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

[General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News - Page 298

Sponsored Links

Page 298 of 302 FirstFirst ... 48198248273288294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3015

Thread: [General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News

Gil

I feel like the next character is gonna be the emperor... What makes me say that ? Yes, as you thought, it's the stage.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is not because of speculations. I'd like to use this opportunity to remind you that everyone is welcome in Dissidia.Community and that we should have all moved there since long ago. o/

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Teoskaven View Post
    I dunno; while i loved both Pandemonium levels in the previous games and the job they did for this one is amazing, it feels a bit depressing that it seems the devs can pull only this for a FFII stage.
    I was hoping something different, like the Altair rebel camp with the transition being the Cyclone. Something akin to that.
    It looked a lot better to me. Plus, it's more epic than the FF2 stage we got for the PSP games.

Also, where the hell did you guys get these updates? Gematsu just kinda stopped giving updates on Dissidia
    ================================================== ===================
    Wanna see the most awesome Kingdom Hearts meme in history? Click spoiler.

Spoiler:

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    I feel like the next character is gonna be the emperor... What makes me say that ? Yes, as you thought, it's the stage.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is not because of speculations. I'd like to use this opportunity to remind you that everyone is welcome in Dissidia.Community and that we should have all moved there since long ago. o/
    FF5, FF10, FF12, and FF13 haven't got their set characters yet. But i think it would be nice if mateus is next. and please square and team ninja, don't name him "the emperor", because its not a name.
    My modding thread : Model Import -- Stage mods -- BGM dlc -- Portraits -- Official BGM dlc controller and text file
    CLICK HERE -- Other: 27 True Runes

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by reiz999 View Post
    don't name him "the emperor", because its not a name.
    But that's what he was called in FF2... Not just the old Dissidia games... And not a lot of people know his real name, so why would they name him Mateus in the new Dissidia game? He's always been better off as Emperor.
    ================================================== ===================
    Wanna see the most awesome Kingdom Hearts meme in history? Click spoiler.

Spoiler:

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by DJVD View Post
    But that's what he was called in FF2... Not just the old Dissidia games... And not a lot of people know his real name, so why would they name him Mateus in the new Dissidia game? He's always been better off as Emperor.
    If i'm not making mistake, it appears that the Name Mateus has been used the very first time in the Japanese version of the PSP Version. Even if it's his surname, i think that his name shoud stay "The Emperor", it's not like there were more than one emperor after all :/
    Thanks To Galadin for the Avatar & Signature graphics.

Carbuncle's Reflection Teoskaven's Avatar
    Gil

It actually comes from the novel Final Fantasy II Muma no Meikyū. It surprised me that Square kept the name since the novel is both not canon and has so many differences from the original game it could be called a separate spin-off.

Dissidia mains: Gabranth, Cloud Strife, Kuja
    Duodecim mains: Gilgamesh, Warrior of Light, Cloud Strife

Gil

The name Mateus only appears in a couple of places. That'd be the novel (Which is... interesting), The name of the weapon in Dissidia and FFXII Esper when the Espers were meant to represent some of the more iconic villains in the series. No mention of his name in the JPN PSP version of FFII AFAIK.

If he was to appear, I'm sure he'd still just be called "The Emperor", due to the fact that is exactly how he is called in all versions of FFII (Japanese "Koutei") and pretty much in all appearances even lately.

Gil

The name Mateus only appears in a couple of places. That'd be the novel (Which is... interesting), The name of the weapon in Dissidia and FFXII Esper when the Espers were meant to represent some of the more iconic villains in the series. No mention of his name in the JPN PSP version of FFII AFAIK.

If he was to appear, I'm sure he'd still just be called "The Emperor", due to the fact that is exactly how he is called in all versions of FFII (Japanese "Koutei") and pretty much in all appearances even lately.

Gil

Place your bets now.

Page 298 of 302 FirstFirst ... 48198248273288294295296297298299300301302 LastLast