Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

[General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News - Page 51

Sponsored Links

Page 51 of 301 FirstFirst ... 26414748495051525354556176101151 ... LastLast

Thread: [General Discussion] Dissidia Arcade News

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Dyxo Xinoro View Post
    Fair enough. I'm just looking at the team-based system Tactics has and going "Now how can they make him feel like a team player?"

Granted that also leaves room for some Arithmetic shenanigans, which I'm not exactly against.
    It's an interesting way of looking at the potential characters I think. If we're going to be comparing this to arcade arena shooter/fighters, then Gotcha Force already proved how much fun support characters can be in this sort of game.

Just so long as he can't spam Aegis

The cold-blooded Knight Mogstache's Avatar
    Gil

We didn’t miss it actually. It was said yesterday that the game would be on Arcades for at least one year before a PS4 release.
    "I once killed a hundred knights single-handedly... To me, you two are nothing more than insects."
    Spoiler:

Old Team

Wonderful signatures made by Galadin!

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Mogstache View Post
    We didn’t miss it actually. It was said yesterday that the game would be on Arcades for at least one year before a PS4 release.
    Well there you go. I guess it'll give Squenix and Team Ninja enough time to work on the balancing at least. That could be a really good thing.

Gil

Dissidia gameplay was just show on the FFXIV Live letter from the Producer (Y'shtola ofc), and its definitely a dash gauge.
    Hoc dicens ferrum adverso sub pectore condit
    fervidus; ast illi solvuntur frigore membra
    vitaque cum gemitu fugit indignata sub umbras.

Aeternitas Noctium
    Omnipotens Discipulus Antiquorum Artium Durus
    The Vergilian Manipulator

Gil

Y'shtola uses ruin and other non CNJ spells. Definitely a mage mix with FFXIV spells.

Gil

The live letter better get saved as i'm out fufbjydssgju

Holy Spam, Coming to Dissidia SOON!

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Sparki View Post
    Dissidia gameplay was just show on the FFXIV Live letter from the Producer (Y'shtola ofc), and its definitely a dash gauge.
    Well there you go. That's a whole lot more convincing than the mystery of the vanishing gauge.

Still leaves the question of why they'd need one, unless this game is going to have a much greater range or punishing focus.

Also, where can we see this magical gameplay? I can't find it.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Y'shtola uses ruin and other non CNJ spells. Definitely a mage mix with FFXIV spells.
    All the non-CNJ spells looked like ACN spells (and then a random blizzard II(lol?)) which I can sorta make sense out of.
    Last edited by Sparki; 04-11-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Hoc dicens ferrum adverso sub pectore condit
    fervidus; ast illi solvuntur frigore membra
    vitaque cum gemitu fugit indignata sub umbras.

Aeternitas Noctium
    Omnipotens Discipulus Antiquorum Artium Durus
    The Vergilian Manipulator

Gil

Y'shtola uses Stone , Stone II, Aero, Aero II, Ruin (x3 in a row), Fluid Aura (aka water pushback), Blizzard II/III, Bioga-Set timer skill, Her unique protection- set timer skill, a...dark ball that explodes and has a little AoE effect. Miasma/MiasmaII possibly?

Holy is the only attack that inflicted any HP damage. That's not to say it's only 1 HP attack from now on.

Here comes something surprising however, when Y'shtola uses Stone II, a tornado out of nowhere comes up and hits the opponents. This tornado is from CLOUD! Cloud ? Tornado? Finishing touch! however it only inflicts BRV damage!!!!!!! It also doesn't seem to be bound to a link anymore since the tornado travels quite some distance to the opponents. Cloud isn't even on screen but he gains the BRV when the tornado hits WoL.

Worth mentioning is how the stage changes once the fight is over and Y'shtola holds her winning pose.

The MP gauge is basically a summon gauge. With each attack landed on the opponent, be it BRV or HP, you fill your bar. Once it's full you can summon. No MP limitation for casters.

Attacks inflict status ailments. Y'shtolas stone gives a heavy effect (slower movement), Holy seems to make your opponents unable to move. Even Fluid auras knockback is considered an ailment. Many types out there such as bio, broken shield, attack up etc etc etc also, regen. Y'shtolas aero/aeroII inflict a status ailment that leaves your opponent unable to act and open for combos from others.

The blue/red bar at the top left corner doesn't decrease according to the party members current health. Even if a member misses half of his HP, the bar doesn't decrease. Worth mentioning is that once Y'shtola kills all 3 opponents, no victory screen appears. My assumption, you can die and the bar will let you revive. Once revived, the bar sinks. 5 revives in total.

landing an attack speeds up your timer by a little bit.

Personal Wish: Due to the new nature of ailments in this game I really think Shantotto's game will be boosted by it by alot. She already focuses on ailments, now she gets more and her old ones will most likely have an increased effect. I'm quite hyped to see her.
    Last edited by Cherub; 04-11-2015 at 04:37 PM.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Sparki View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv...198?t=2h36m14s

All the non-CNJ spells looked like ACN spells (and then a random blizzard II(lol?)) which I can sorta make sense out of.
    Thanks Sparki.

And epic rundown Cherub. Best news so far:

Here comes something surprising however, when Y'shtola uses Stone II, a tornado out of nowhere comes up and hits the opponents. This tornado is from CLOUD! Cloud ? Tornado? Finishing touch! however it only inflicts BRV damage!!!!!!!

Page 51 of 301 FirstFirst ... 26414748495051525354556176101151 ... LastLast