Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Dissidia Arcade/Dissidia 3 story speculation

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Arcade/Dissidia 3 story speculation

Gil

Default Dissidia Arcade/Dissidia 3 story speculation

Where can they even go storywise from here? Everything important within the 13 battle cycle occurred within those last 2 cycles, and since we've already witnessed those what else is there to see? Its fairly obvious that while the Arcade version won't have a story mode, the actual console ports will (as seen with MANY fighting games ie. Tekken and Soul Calibur). However, since according to Dissidia lore they'd have to show us an earlier cycle to make room for the characters, what exactly could the plot be that would make for something interesting and worth playing?

For me, one of the coolest things about Dissidia is that for a fighting game it definitely attempts (and both succeeds and fails) to have a really interesting narrative fit with its own continuity and lore that has impressive depth. It definitely feels like the team behind Dissidia and Duodecim wanted this to be a very interesting and realized story, lore and world, and I feel like it would be a shame for them to not at least attempt to further expand on its existing ideas and scenarios. The question though - again - is how?

Carbuncle's Reflection Teoskaven's Avatar
    Gil

My main guess is that the story will be set in that alternate dimension created by Shinryu after the 13th cycle. It would be interesting if it will be set more specifically in the cycles that precedes the transformation of Chaos in Feral/Desperado Chaos.

Dissidia mains: Gabranth, Cloud Strife, Kuja
    Duodecim mains: Gilgamesh, Warrior of Light, Cloud Strife

Gil

Or it could just be an HD remake of Duodecim

Gil

Its a reboot. from what I can gather it doesnt have anything to do with the previous titles and is its own story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star
    I don't pocket prishe. I main prishe. I pocket jecht
    Quote Originally Posted by END
    That's like saying you main god and sub peasants
    Spoiler:

everything is really simple, you just have to to think that nothing is complicated

kick ass picture done by galadin

Gil

Could be. I for one am alright if they restart it. I love dissidia story but feel it can be better written so a reboot could be a good outlet to have this done.

Thanks to Kayarine for the sig!
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph Stalin! For the last time my name is SHAZAM!

Not interested since 1997 FFxStrife's Avatar
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Aryo View Post
    Could be. I for one am alright if they restart it. I love dissidia story but feel it can be better written so a reboot could be a good outlet to have this done.
    The best part about this is that... they can't really tell a GOOD story using an arcade game.

That's what makes me think they NEED consoles to do something decent. Besides, it is a Final Fantasy game, they can't just forget about the story portion...

right?
    Last edited by FFxStrife; 02-15-2015 at 11:23 AM.
    Dissidia: Cloud Strife || SFV: Ken Masters

YouTube || Replays || Textures || Custom BGMs

Gil

For the Arcade release at least the text in the trailer seems to imply its a dream battle, similar to something like KoF 98 or 2002. So they're all fighting just because.

Gil

I imagine the story being something along the lines of "Well since the cycle battles ended the heroes made it so they never really happened in the first place," given how the origin of the war is described in Duodecim. Though from there I can see it going in one of two directions.

Either "So Shinryu, feeling cheated, restarted the whole damn thing under his rules," which would lead into Cycle 000; or have something akin to the Arena in XIII-2 where some whatever pulled everyone into this world made specifically for gladiator team bouts and doesn't pretend to have any political nonsense.

Gil

The Arena in FFXIII-2 actually had a purpose, believe it or not. It's symbolic to Norse Mythology.

It was basically the 'true' Valhalla, with promising souls being drawn there and fighting eternally to prepare for the beginning of the End. AKA, "Ragnarok." Ironic, because in FFXIII that term was used as the end of Cocoon.

Thanks to Galadin for the awesome signatures

[00:50] <Luna_> what happens in vegas.....will happen in vegas again

Gil

Either way, It will without a doubt be weird and preachy as hell.

Like if I dont hear every cosmos aligned character in this game make a speech about friendship, then im my own father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star
    I don't pocket prishe. I main prishe. I pocket jecht
    That's like saying you main god and sub peasants
    Spoiler:

everything is really simple, you just have to to think that nothing is complicated

kick ass picture done by galadin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast