Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A couple of questions for a newbie

Sponsored Links

Thread: A couple of questions for a newbie

Potion Dealer
    Gil

Default A couple of questions for a newbie

I am new to this forum, and I have a couple of questions about the post mechanics and profile options.

I will be very happy when I get these questions answered.

1. How to add pictures to posts? (I was on a thread that asked what thing in everyday life that reminds the readers of a final fantasy character, and I have this one picture but I have no idea how to post pictures.)

2. Dissidia 012 main under name in threads. (If it doesn't show for the user, but it shows for everyone else, and a picture of my main is already showing, this question is void...)

3. How to get signatures? (If there is a artist that makes signatures for people on this forum, I would like to make a request for one.)

4. Do you know I love this forum from the first few days of me being online?

That's all for now. I may ask some later, but I can't think of any more right now.

Gil

Welcome to the forum :3

1. Use [img]url for the picture here[/img]
    Example:

is [img] http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1f2cdb88.gif [/img] with no spaces.

2. That's part of being a premium member. If you donate $10 to help keep the forum running then you get to change your user title (the little thing under your name) and your main shows up all fancy-like next to your posts. You can read more here.

3. You can edit your signature from the settings menu at the top right of the page, then edit signature on the left about half way down. You put pictures in it in the same was as I posted above, with a maximum size of 700x250 pixels. As for requests, we have a graphics chat subforum for that kind of thing, though I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone actively taking requests at the moment. Plus there's always deviantart, which has about a million artists who have posted signatures they are happy for people to use. (A million may be hyperbole)

4. I can believe that, but I didn't know it. I've been here for just over 5 years and am still pretty happy.

Pretty much anything else you might want to know is contained in the stickied threads in Technical Support or News & Announcements, including how to donate and what other effects it has.

Potion Dealer
    Gil

Thanks for the answers, but I didn't mean the premium member thing, I meant the character art under the picture. (Yours is Gilgamesh.) That is the one I wanted to know.

Edit: It ends up the character picture is for membership. I sadly don't have the money for it... I am just a high school student -.-
    Last edited by Vhadros; 06-09-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Ysudres View Post
    Thanks for the answers, but I didn't mean the premium member thing, I meant the character art under the picture. (Yours is Gilgamesh.) That is the one I wanted to know.

Edit: It ends up the character picture is for membership. I sadly don't have the money for it... I am just a high school student -.-
    That would, in fact, be what I said.

It's no big deal. All the bonuses are purely cosmetic.