Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How is this move called... - Page 3

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How is this move called...

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Khrest View Post
    This technique has a 4-5f window. I play USF4 competitively and that game has 1f links stacked on top of each other (granted plinking makes the window more like 2f).

I can say without a doubt given enough practice you can't actually mess this up.
    And granted I see competitive players drop links and combos quite often enough. No matter what, you have human error.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Khrest View Post
    This technique has a 4-5f window. I play USF4 competitively and that game has 1f links stacked on top of each other (granted plinking makes the window more like 2f).

I can say without a doubt given enough practice you can't actually mess this up.
    People don't play USFIV with lag in tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by Mogstache View Post
    What I meant was that since tiers exist, two characters will rarely face in a 5-5 matchup. I'm basically saying that Ult-Gab would always be won by Ulti if the MU's played by two perfect players.
    What?

Spoiler:
    Sephiroth, Prishe, CoD

<ForeverAloneGaruga> AxeL is a bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kurayami View Post
    Well, I doubt any of the 'drama' from the threads I create will ever enter the backroom. Mainly due to the absence of Team L7W.

The cold-blooded Knight Mogstache's Avatar
    Gil

? I'm just saying tiers exist and they tell you who should win in a certain matchup. Refer to Cookies' post if I'm not being clear, as he said what I was thinking about when making the statement.
    "I once killed a hundred knights single-handedly... To me, you two are nothing more than insects."
    Spoiler:

Old Team

Wonderful signatures made by Galadin!

Gil

When I say that I think it is necessary to win, I do not necessarily mean it is needed in every scenario, I think we actually agree on that, it is required in some matchups, in others less. I still think that as long as it gives you even a very slight advantage for a small part of the match, it should be used. Of course Dash Cancelling itself doesn't decide the outcome of a match, it is only one of the many factors which decide it.

I might be mistaken but I think you're wrong when you're talking about theory. Actually I think you're right in a mirror match situation. I do believe that tiers exist and that therefore if two perfect players were to play a match the better character would win, that is the point of the Tier List. Basically what I wanted to say was that Dash Cancelling and pretty much any other move should be taken into account when gathering matchup information, you can't really throw away an option like that just because you don't need it to win all the time (I'm not saying you necessarily disagree with this, I'm just trying to make my point clearer).

I agree with you though, it's definitely not the first thing you need to learn if you wanna get into competitive Dissidia (lol).
    It seems we actually agree on most points, however i'm not sure why you imply that i'm saying that Blashing is not needed at all, if you re-read all my previous post i have always said that it's a useful skill to have (i even repeatedly state that i use it myself lol), it's just that i believe that there are many other things that are more important than this 1 specific skill for a competitive player to have; which you also seem to acknowledge with your last sentence.

However i still do not agree that any theoretical scenario should be used to make a point, as we all know theory never fully translates into practice and it can be twisted and turned to agree with everything if one tried hard enough. Furthermore the strict definition of a perfect player is a player who can always win regardless of character and basically everything else (something which obviously makes no sense because it's just a theoretical concept.) making all tier lists irrelevant.

What I meant was that since tiers exist, two characters will rarely face in a 5-5 matchup. I'm basically saying that Ult-Gab would always be won by Ulti if the MU's played by two perfect players.
    Finally, and it may be a little besides my point, is that i actually don't agree that Ultimecia has an inherent advantage over Gabranth. Ultimecia is a really difficult character to beat but from my experience Gabranth is quite a fair match for Ultimecia, in fact i would give the edge most of the time to Gabranth.

(Also can anybody send me a link of the tier list everyone seems to be referring to? i tried looking around here but couldn't find anything. I'd love to have a look at a duodecim tier list..)
    Last edited by TheEmden; 12-26-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Gil

I believe you got this backwards , Gabb has a big advantage over Ultimecia if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhow ,
    the Tier List is moreso a reference sheet or " outline " to view which characters are near the bottom or the top and what MUs are unfair garbage.

It has never been intended to dictate your Character Roster and who you decide to Main/Sub , that should be decided by who you like and enjoy.

At most it's useful to try and be fair to your opponent / friend and not just play Empy vs Jecht / Kefka vs Empy ( 9-1 MUs ) or any MU + Stage combo that's absurdly unfair and mean in friendlies unless your just that kinda guy/girl that likes your free victories at the expense of others ( EAT YOUR FOOD YOU BABY ).

For instance,
    a friend of mine only plays Laguna , so instead of using my Top Five , I just play Butz or other characters Laguna stands a chance vs.
    Last edited by Mericus; 12-26-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Gil

i agree with what you said, but actually i don't think any one was really saying anything about using a tier list to decide what character to play nor has there really been any in-depth discussion in this thread about tiers haha.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmden View Post
    Oh i see, but actually i don't think any one was really saying anything about using a tier list to decide what character to play nor has there really been any in-depth discussion in this thread about tiers haha.
    I know ,
    just covering future bases for those who may be reading or not posting :p

Don't want the Thread to go bad or anything.

Gil

It's not particularly important, but Meri's right about the matchup. Our most recent assessment has it as quite in favour of Gabranth.

The cold-blooded Knight Mogstache's Avatar
    Gil

The Tier List is available to public.
    @TheEmden http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread...chup-Tier-List

And I did say it was in Gab's favor
    "I once killed a hundred knights single-handedly... To me, you two are nothing more than insects."
    Spoiler:

Old Team

Wonderful signatures made by Galadin!

Gil

The Tier List is available to public.
    @TheEmden http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread...chup-Tier-List

And I did say it was in Gab's favor
    Guess that's a typo then.
    Tournament signature by Galadin.
    Spoiler:
    Garuga signature by Kayarine.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMuramasa View Post
    AND GARUGA BE LIKE

"YOLOOOOO GOT THIS SHIT"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast