Xlink Kai Test Tournament November 4th-5th and 7th-8th All Day
Updated dates above. If a mod could change the title to reflect the added days that would be very helpful.
Finally! We have some time to hold some test tourney rounds on Xlink Kai!
At the moment, we don't know whether or not it's going to be held in tournament fashion (brackets, match ups, etc), but it will be tourney style play. But go ahead and sign this thread if you think you will be able to make it by then.
For an example of tourney style play, check this link: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/vie...a62d93f1cfb135
Here is the rule set we will be testing:
- Infinites are not allowed.
- “Exp to” Abilities are not allowed.
Accessory Ban List:
- Smiting Soul
- All Breakable accessories
- All Resins and Incense
- All Hacked Accessories
- The Rotten
- Soul of The Destroyer
- Soul of the Sovereign
- Puppeteer's Wheel
- Phoenix Downs/Pinions
- At the moment, all equipment is available for use. This includes items obtained from passwords, and artifact armor and weapons. As far as I know, there is no "hacked" equipment, but if there is, then it's banned! Artifact/Rosetta Stone/Lore Farming Guide: http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1683
-All summons are available for use. Get educated on the subject and visit Kraid's guide on proper summon use: http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1483 (Great Job on the guide Kraid)
Battle Setup Rules
- No Judgement rules.
- Matches are best of 3. Finals best of 5.
- Character Swapping is allowed between rounds. However you are limited to using 3 characters. (3 Characters x 3 Sets each = 9 battle variations)
- Stage Selection: On the first round of every match, both opponents can agree on a stage, however if there is no agreement then the first stage is random. Loser picks next stage after a round.
-Counter-picking Process: After Round 1 of a match, the loser calls the next stage. Then the winner picks their character. Finally the loser picks their character. Repeat until the match is over.
- You cannot change individual equipment, abilities, accessories between rounds. However you can use 3 different gear sets for each character. You can swap your sets at any time. To prevent cheating, all entrants would submit their sets to be public knowledge and posted on said tournament forum. (this isn't necessary for the test tourney)
- You can change your summon at any time.
If I left anything out I will edit this thread with the information. Feel free to use this thread to discuss the rule set. We will start another thread after the test tourney to discuss opinions and possible changes to the rule set and whatnot.
One thing to note: We don't know when the actual tournament will be, but we do want to give the people that have been playing with no equips/summons a chance to gear up and learn about proper gear sets and set-ups.
And now some information for those who don't have Xlink Kai set up.
Here is the Xlink Kai website: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
The Planex USB Wifi adapter is the best and cheapest from what I hear. You may be able to find similar products at computer stores near you.
And here is a nifty PSP setup guide: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/vie...a62d93f1cfb135
If you have any other questions or problems, check the Xlink forums/google it.
That's it! Please sign the thread if you can make it.
Some of the rules seem overcomplicated, but I'll see if I can make it. I may have to work. As long as I can do my fights after 8PM.
PSN ID: Fayt912YouTube/Mission Point: 0
Wifi adapter is on order and I am on board for whenever we get this show on the road.
you know WE COULD do it on a wekend that would make better sense really
WEEKEND come on VOTE WEEKEND
thanks for the sig mizu
"the unexamined life is not worth living" socrates
I usually work all through the weekend, though I've been having sundays off lately.
Is this tournament finished already?
Well, I showed up, but I don't recall anyone else being there.
Thus, I declare myself champion by default. Hooray for me!