Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Moving past DF

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving past DF

Gil

Default Moving past DF

This is an announcement of something that was a long time coming.

We, the competitive community of DDFF, are going to stop using Dissidia Forums. The reasons are simple: we currently have no hold over the forums. There are a lot of things that only Mass can do, and he has been missing for years. The site uses outdated technology we cannot update or do anything about. We're moving on to a new website:

http://dissidia.community/

Hosted by HYNE.

The two upcoming one day events will be the last events hosted over DF. The upcoming major tournament will be the inaugural DC event.

This is not a complete abandonment of DF, but we do need to move on. As for the people who don't care about competitive DDFF, I don't know about you. I guess it's ok if you keep posting here.

Spoiler:
    Sephiroth, Prishe, CoD

<ForeverAloneGaruga> AxeL is a bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kurayami View Post
    Well, I doubt any of the 'drama' from the threads I create will ever enter the backroom. Mainly due to the absence of Team L7W.

Paladin of Light Aegis Runestone's Avatar
    Gil

Hum... it is true, we do need someone to fix the forums here. :/

Unfortunately, I'm not too much into competitive Dissidia, but what about casual? Will you guys be willing to let casual players who want to talk about Dissidia over there? I mean, I don't think I'll be doing any DDFF tournaments (thanks to the end of using Ad-hoc party. I kinda feel like I wasted my money on that PS3), but when Arcade comes out and when/if I get a PS4, I might want to get into the tournament scene.
    -Aegis Runestone-
    Thank you, Galadin, for the awesome avatar!
    My Quests! [US] Feedback is appreciated! - My Dissidia Forums Sprite Comics!
    The Runestone Library - My Story Thread here!

Spoiler:

Thanks for helping me with the text format, Galadin!

Gil

IIRC I registered there April of last year in the middle of Narolf's ARG and had genuinely forgotten about that forum until you brought it back up.

Curious about the others' opinions on the move though. I don't even competitive anymore but if Hyne's forum does become active, then I might go tag along.
    Last edited by Forseti; 08-07-2016 at 02:24 AM. Reason: walla walla

Gil

F I N A L L Y
    About time we switch Forums. It's sad for most of the information to get lost in this forum but this forum is nothing but awkwardness for anyone who would want to get into Dissidia and it's community (now that Arcade is lighting up interest in people)

Everyone should just move there and leave this site behind.

Gil

Since it's TKG09 who posted this thread, I don't know if I should take this thread seriously or not.

Also, what about the modding community? In other words, DesvoL and Chris Shade?
    ================================================== ===================
    Wanna see the most awesome Kingdom Hearts meme in history? Click spoiler.

Spoiler:

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by DJVD View Post
    Since it's TKG09 who posted this thread, I don't know if I should take this thread seriously or not.

Also, what about the modding community? In other words, DesvoL and Chris Shade?
    This is serious business.
    Main:- Hamachi ID: RDF
    YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RDF
    "Funphiles Exterminator"
    Because you're doing it wrong.

Gil

This is for the competitive community. We decided moving was the best move. The people interested in modding, or talking about FF, or AE speculation - it is up to them to decide where they want to post. It's not like I could influence that even if I wanted to.

Spoiler:
    Sephiroth, Prishe, CoD

<ForeverAloneGaruga> AxeL is a bad troll

Quote Originally Posted by Kurayami View Post
    Well, I doubt any of the 'drama' from the threads I create will ever enter the backroom. Mainly due to the absence of Team L7W.

Gil

Ahhh. Okay. Welp, I'm gonna miss most of you guys.
    ================================================== ===================
    Wanna see the most awesome Kingdom Hearts meme in history? Click spoiler.

Spoiler:

Gil

So, what you're saying is that things like nonsense, other video games, anime, etc. are not welcome at this new location? Or are you saying that a large number of members will be moving there and, if we want to, we can join and also make such nonsense/anime threads?
    012 Main: Zidane
    012 Secondaries/Fun to Play as: Emperor, Cloud, Sephiroth, Squall, Laguna, Prishe, Gabranth
    Spoiler:

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by hawk222 View Post
    So, what you're saying is that things like nonsense, other video games, anime, etc. are not welcome at this new location? Or are you saying that a large number of members will be moving there and, if we want to, we can join and also make such nonsense/anime threads?
    Just so you know, they do have a gaming and an offtopic board.
    Last edited by Forseti; 07-30-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast