Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Blitzball Match

Sponsored Links

Thread: Blitzball Match

Gil

Unhappy Blitzball Match

Hello everyone, i'm playing FFX HD Remaster on PS4, and i have arrived to the point in the game when i have to play a match of blitzball in a tournament.

The matter is that, i play very badly at this, and i loose each time... Seems like you are not forced to win since you can stil continue the story after this event, but.. Is there Something to win or unlock if we win the Blitzball match ?

Thanks
    Thanks To Galadin for the Avatar & Signature graphics.

Carbuncle's Reflection TheLostSabre's Avatar
    Gil

If you haven't gotten Jecht Shot from the minigame before Luca, you might as well move on; you'll only get a Strength Sphere for your trouble. The Strength Sphere, after placing it in an empty node, gives the activator +4 strength. Wakka might score a goal with a Venom Shot but it's a long shot getting pass the defenders.

If you did manage to score a point, retake the blitzball from the Goers and just sit your player at your goal; the AI is dumb and generally doesn't understand your player is sitting at the goal.

Also, play in manual; auto is a bad idea in blitzball.
    Last edited by TheLostSabre; 01-08-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    Mains:
    Subs:

Paladin of Light Aegis Runestone's Avatar
    Gil

Yeah, the Jecht Shot is actually really easy to get if you use an Analog Stick. NOT the d-pad. It's still beatable without the Jecht Shot, but it'll be very hard. I beat the Goers on my PC version of the Remaster 2 to 1 and I went into Overtime even (so I had Wakka). Wakka's Venom Shot is VERY good, though and it can score you some points.

Personally, I just like winning that because the Strength Sphere *is* pretty good. I accidentally gave it to Auron instead of Tidus and well... Auron one-shots a lot of enemies with pure attacks now. >.>; And I like the scene where Wakka's holding the Crystal Cup. AND I like beating those cocky Goers into the ground.
    -Aegis Runestone-
    Thank you, Galadin, for the awesome avatar!
    My Quests! [US] Feedback is appreciated! - My Dissidia Forums Sprite Comics!
    The Runestone Library - My Story Thread here!

Spoiler:

Thanks for helping me with the text format, Galadin!

Carbuncle's Reflection TheLostSabre's Avatar
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis Runestone View Post
    AND I like beating those cocky Goers into the ground.
    The best reason to win.
    Mains:
    Subs:

Paladin of Light Aegis Runestone's Avatar
    Gil

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostSabre View Post
    The best reason to win.
    Of course! Give the Goers what's coming to them!
    -Aegis Runestone-
    Thank you, Galadin, for the awesome avatar!
    My Quests! [US] Feedback is appreciated! - My Dissidia Forums Sprite Comics!
    The Runestone Library - My Story Thread here!

Spoiler:

Thanks for helping me with the text format, Galadin!

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
    Hello everyone, i'm playing FFX HD Remaster on PS4, and i have arrived to the point in the game when i have to play a match of blitzball in a tournament.

The matter is that, i play very badly at this, and i loose each time... Seems like you are not forced to win since you can stil continue the story after this event, but.. Is there Something to win or unlock if we win the Blitzball match ?

Thanks
    First thing you should do is get jecht shot, that shot is very very powerful, but use it wisely. Be careful though, your opponent can also learn your jecht shot if you're not careful. After you manage to get into high level you'll get the JECHT SHOT 2, a more powerful version of jecht shot, it can take down more opponent and gives "invisible" effect. I still remember using jecht shot 2 with tidus, he shot from my own goal area, taking down many opponent and score a point! ^^

As for the first blitzball match, its possible to win but you might have to retry many times. The only difference is if you win, Wakka will carry a trophy instead a ball after the match. Nothing special but if you like challange, go for it. The only strategy i can remember is, you need to be offensive on first round, use Tidus's sphere shot wisely (i think he already have it?) after you score 1 point, go defensive and hope your opponent didn't score a goal. ^^ good luck
    Last edited by reiz999; 02-01-2017 at 04:08 AM.
    My modding thread : Model Import -- Stage mods -- BGM dlc -- Portraits -- Official BGM dlc controller and text file
    CLICK HERE -- Other: 27 True Runes