Everyone knows the great power of attacks like tornado and wind shear.
In this thread, I´m going to reveal everything of Golbez´s tornado:
Genesis Rock IS a better attack than tornado and wind shear.
But, what makes Genesis Rock such a great HP-attack?
Golbez: ´Time to part, Farewell´
Golbez summons four rocks out of the ground and ´forces them´ to get near him. (let´s call this ´the startup´)
Then, the rocks turn 3 circles around him. You´re able to move golbez with the analog stick in this state. Golbez himself will adjust his height to the enemy´s. (Let´s call this state: ´the rocktornado´)
After that, he releases the 4 rocks, shooting them away towards the enemy. (This is called ´the release´)
2. What does it do?
Time to rock..... (no, not a misspelling)
- Golbez WILL hit the enemy, when his enemy is under him.
Downward range? INFINITE! You only have to aim so, that the enemy will get hit by one of the rocks that golbez is ´picking up´. If you hit your enemy here, he will be hit by the rest of golbez´s attack.
Fortunately, this action takes less than a second, making it really hard for opponents to punish golbez.
Yeah, the spinny and dizzy part....
- Golbez can move in this state
- Golbez adjusts his height to the enemy´s while performing this move.
- This move will reflect loads of projectiles like straight arrow, -fuilissiade- particle beam, fire, firaga and a lot more.... There ARE some projectiles (like Garlands´ blaze) that will go through this.
Always be aware of your opponents options.
- When there´s a lack of space (Pandaemonium comes to mind), or when close to a wall, this is almost impossible to dodge.
When the enemy gets hit by the spinning rocks, he will be damaged by a good amount of bravery and will be taken to our last part, the release.
Golbez will ´release´ the rocks here, saying farewell
- This will hit the enemy when he got hit by one of the previous ´states´
- Golbez will fire ONLY one rock in the direction of his enemy.
- Very hard to dodge when at close range, easy to dodge when at long range.
3.When to use it?
Genesis Rock is useful in loads of situations:
1. When opponent is under you (It does not matter how far your opponent is under you; the downward range of this attack is INFINITE!)
2. When there´s a lack of space.
3. When opponent is near a wall
4. If you want to block/reflect attacks like straight arrow, fire, firaga, holy, thunder, -fuillisiade- particle beam and much others
5. After a block
6. As punisher; if opponent is in a long lag.
7. As mid-range shooter; dodge when opponent is executing an attack (attacks like tornado, or wind shear), then time your genesis rock so, that the release hits your opponent just when he finished his attack.
8. When opponent is above you (Though the range must be low here)
-video Guide will follow here soon-
When not to use it?
(if you have any idea´s, write them down below! That would spare me a lot of time....)
Matchups with Genesis Rock ( which projectiles/hp/bravery attacks from which will Genesis Rock deflect/block? And Whose go through Genesis rock?)
Because this is the first Guide I´ve ever made, and because I am not speaking fluently English,
Things might look a bit.... ugly sometimes Comments and criticism about how to improve my guides/misspelings/ something in that direction are welcome
Credits goes to RoboDestroyer for inspiring me with his FAQ to play as and with Golbez
Coming soon: a guide about nightglow (after I finished this one)