Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Lost Odyssey...

Sponsored Links

Thread: Lost Odyssey...

Gil

Default Lost Odyssey...

I haven't played a Final Fantasy on a console since FFIX, so when I heard about Lost Odyssey I grabbed it almost immediately. Now, I picked the game up primarily due to the fact that the developement crew contained Numerous previous Square employees aswell as the fact that it is the only 4 disc 360 game to date.

Alas, I only managed to play it a bit before work took over my life again. However, I want to know what you think. Do you own Lost Odyssey? Do you like it? If not, why? Discuss!
    Last edited by Morbidust; 01-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Gil

ya, I thought it was an awesome game. One of my favorite rpg's actually. Amazing music (Noubou Uematsu).

Gil

i own it too (first 360 game) and i have to say its amazing, im kinda angry i havent finished it (disk 3 im really lazy) but its a great game

the characters are really well fleshed out and i LOVE the dream segments, i have to say the dream segments are probably some of the best pieces of writing ive seen in a long time

thanks for the sig mizu

"the unexamined life is not worth living" socrates

Gil

Its actually one of the few games i bought and couldn't finish. Its a great game and all and the music is fantastic ! but the gameplay is just sooo slow and boring, i couldn't take it.

I got up to the part where Kaim met his wife and they entered that cave. To bad i dont have my 360 anymore i would definately like to give this game another try.

YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Cloud3204
    Mission Board Points: 7770
    TERRA <3<3<3

Gil

It's definitely a game worth playing. I'm at the final boss but I haven't touched the game since. My favorite disc is disc 3 I think. Be sure to give this game a shot!
    Spoiler:
    Youtube Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erourk
    Like all things in life, you can gag the mouth.

Gil

I can appreciate the classic combat, and wonderful music. I am curious to know just how long this game is supposed to run on average. It is a four disc 360 game. I remember FFVII and it's multiple discs, but it only ran about 75 hours (when skipping all the extra stuff of course). I also really do love the character design. They aren't your cliche' "emo-loner" archtypes you always see, and the immortal bit makes things interesting.

Chocobo Tamer
    Gil

Default Awesome game

It's way better than FF13. It's so classic and very good music but the actual story is very horrible. The scenario is very good though and I favourite is Jansen the funniest character in all RPG ever.
    Easy, Fido! How about I take you out for a walk? Come on, puppy. Let's go!

Gil

I can't really comment on the length of the game, but honestly, the four discs staring you in the face probably speak for themselves on that count. What I can comment on, however, is the hours you can spend just reading the dream sequences (Dear god is there ever so fucking many of these.) If you're the sort of person who wants to see all the little details and can spend a fair hunk of time (Measured in hours, though I'm not sure how many) reading through seemingly irrelevant (yet interesting) stories, then you can expect your game time to be extended and enhanced significantly.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
    Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.