Now that the KAoS tournament is finally done and over with and DNC is coming to an end, we present to you yet another KAoS-like tournament, with some nifty tweaks, exclusively for the Xlink Kai Dissidia community, hosted by myself and Hella-Bright! The purpose of this tournament is to determine a balanced & standardized ruleset for future tournaments to come, using KAoS as the main supporter, with some attributes added and removed. Initially, we would like to first point out some words of wisdom from Rei:
If you so much as enter here simply to bash the idea without properly stating reasons (w/backing data or examples outside of theory fighter), PLEASE LEAVE. I wish for a proper discussion to further develop Dissidia's tournament scene and senseless bashing is not welcomed here at all. This is your first and LAST warning.
Without further ado, here is the ruleset. We encourage members to test these minor tweaks and give us some friendly input:
“Bloody Howling” Tournament Ruleset:
- No Infinites
- No Accessories, except for the “Close To You” Accessory.
- No Summons.
- All players must have the full set of Impartisan (aka Imp set) equipped.
- A +3 DEF set up must be equipped (1 Orange Gem and 1 Orange Drop).
- A 9,999 HP set up must be equipped (1 Green Gem and 1 Green Drop; or 1 Life Incense).
- No Judgments are allowed.
- Any form of "cheating" (CWcheats etc.) is not allowed.
- All omega stages are banned. Matches are to be done on non-Omega stages.
- This is to be done through the Xlink Kai program, but matches done through Ad Hoc Party is acceptable. We encourage those to use Xlink Kai for their matches.
- Matches are best of 3 (finals are best of 5)
- Matches must be completed in FOUR DAYS.
- Players must inform Hella-Bright or xffixbmlx if a certain situation has occurred, as in “my opponent is not showing up;” “my schedule has changed due to XX reason;” forfeit, etc.
- EX Guard Counter (EXGC) is banned
- EX Splicing (EXS) is banned
- EX Link (EXL) is allowed.
- EX Cancels (EXCa) are allowed
- EX Reflects (EXR) are allowed
- EX Bursts (EXB) are banned.
- Any “Disable ______” abilities are not permitted.
- Any “EXP to ______” abilities are not permitted.
- You are allowed to equip any critical ability EXCEPT for Counterattack and Sneak Attack at the same time. You may use either or, but not both.
- In the options menu, view all statistics must be selected. This is to confirm which criticals will be in play and which are not.
- A counterpick system is implemented in the tournament. Loser gets stage selection, winner gets first character choice and chance to edit skills, and then loser can do the same.
- After the first round fight, both players may ban ONE stage from selection.
- There will be a stage set for the 1st match of each round.
- Diagram of counterpick order:
Timing RulesStage ban (loser) -> Stage ban (winner) -> stage selection (loser) -> character select/skill edit (winner) -> character select/skill edit (loser)
- Players must have their fights done within the time limit. Players are responsible to inform the advisors what has occurred. If a dispute occurs, both players WILL be disqualified without further questions. Should you feel there will be issues that come up during the tournament's time frame, you must let one of the advisors know BEFORE the event begins. Appropriate accommodations will be made for each situation.
- If a player is deemed to be delaying/impeding the tournament's affairs for whatever reason will be discussed between Hella-Bright and xffixbmlx in order to decide on a course of action, which also includes previous rules that are not covered here. Such possible circumstances are, but not limited to: frequently requiring extensions, consistent disconnections, unsportsmanship-like conduct.
- There will be a 1-2 day extension for matches depending on the situation.
- Initial stages (the first stage of the match) will be pre-determined for the first match of every round instead of Random.
- There will be a prize for this tournament, to be announced when the sign-ups begin.
Desired focus for discussion