Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Garland!

Gil

Pretty lack luster as always, Thundaga replaces it really well, really good addition to his move set overall

Gil

I find that Sephiroth works pretty well with Garland.

Gil

You absolutely need to use Thudaga. It has amazing range and is a good move to use on enemies that pause at the start of HP attacks such as Terra, Ultimecia, Vaan, and Gabranth. The best part is that it is often enough to just use Thundaga as soon as they start these attacks because most of the ranged moves stop their movement once the user is hit during the execution.

I find the best builds for Garland either make use of his amazing EX Revenge combos or Assists. I personally stick will assists and which ones you should use really depends on your needs. If you're having trouble hitting with his HP attacks, Kuja or Sephiroth are good choices because they lead into a chase which basically gives you a free Flare hit. If, however, you just want to pump out some extra damage after your wall rushes, stick with Jecht or Gabranth. Jechts aerial brave attack and Gabranth's ground brave should also give you a good shot of landing Blaze because of how long they keep the enemy tied up during the attacks. Just don't be too far away if you're trying to do that. Either way, you can pull off all sorts of combos using Assists on Garland.

I personally use Free Air Dash and Omni Ground Dash+. You can do all sorts of cool stuff with Omni Ground Dash turns and Round Edge. I still haven't decided if I'm going to continue using Free Air Dash Boost. On one hand, landing Bardiche is much easier to time correctly for me with the extra speed. However, the added speed also means you need to control your movements considerably more to avoid blocks and counters. for critical boosters, I stick with Sneak Attack, Counterattack, and Assist Critical Boost. Most of Garlands moves can land criticals easily with Sneak Attack and some of his other moves such as Thundaga and Lance Charge benefit a lot from Counterattack because of how they are typically used.

In terms of equips I'd pick between his exclusive weapon or Gungnir. His exclusive has amazing strength stats (70 ATK) but the +10% EX absorption isn't really that much of a boost (you probably wont notice much of a difference in terms of filling his EX Gauge faster). Gungnir gives a +50% brave wall rush damage which isn't that much but is still a nice buff to his damage output because most of his attacks end with a Wall Rush. Despite the nerfs of Wall Rushes, Garland can still easily pull of wall rushes that deal more more damage than the final attack in a combo, so tacking on a Booster isn't a waste of a slot for accessories combined with Gungnir. If you're going for faster EX Gauge building, I pick Heaven's Cloud for its +3 EX Intake Range. All that really needs to be done accessory wise is based on what kind of build you're going for; typically EX Revenge or Assist.
    Last edited by Vamper62; 04-18-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Adding more stuff :P
    Mains: Garland | Vaan | Gabranth
    Spoiler:
    Loft (now disbanded) Sig by the lovely Kayarine

Gil

So, I like Gabranth assist on Garland even more, if you have a full assist bar, you have enough time on on the wall rush after a Bardiche to have Gabranth come in and clean up after you with Execution, felt fuckin stylish

Gil

Lack luster.
    I go with Bardiche, Thundaga, and whatever his aerial move is that drives him upwards for BRV attacks in the air.

Really, imo, you'd be insane to go with anyone but Kuja as an assist for Garland.
    Bardiche (to ground rush)>Kuja assist allows you to get in 2 more Bardiches PLUS a chase and Flare if you're experienced with it (as in, if you've used it more than three times). Just think about it. Bardiche x3+assist damage... In a rulesetff battle, this is at least over 800 damage WITHOUT criticals. That's pretty punishing. Others can't compare.
    Dissidia Status: Waiting for PS3 Repair... Again...
    "You Summoned Death.. The Void's True Power Comes to me." -Exdeath
    <3 you for siggy, Cookies
    DFF Mercenary Points: 11575
    Duodecim Mercenary Points: 0

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Ruzai View Post
    Lack luster.
    I go with Bardiche, Thundaga, and whatever his aerial move is that drives him upwards for BRV attacks in the air.

Really, imo, you'd be insane to go with anyone but Kuja as an assist for Garland.
    Bardiche (to ground rush)>Kuja assist allows you to get in 2 more Bardiches PLUS a chase and Flare if you're experienced with it (as in, if you've used it more than three times). Just think about it. Bardiche x3+assist damage... In a rulesetff battle, this is at least over 800 damage WITHOUT criticals. That's pretty punishing. Others can't compare.
    That's why I got interested in using garland, is because you can do numerous combos with him and kuja. I really appreciate all the help/tips. Keep it coming please
    Dissidia 012 Mission Points: 000

Default Help with Garland

Hi dissidians.
    I spent last night training (with a human player) how to dodge and how to try do punish with him, it was good and really useful (and most of all basic training) but i think that a Garland good player/mainer could give me some tips concerning him to get even better with him.
    Garland has been my main since i started to play 012, it would be a shame playing with him without even understand how to punish, wich what punish, and wich tricks or combo can be used to apply good pressure.
    But now comes the unusual part where i explain you that me and my friends play without assist everytime, so i can't just spam kuja on floor rush, spam bardiche, chase, throw flare and maybe add a thundaga and stuff.
    Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Yog-Sothoth; 07-12-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12