Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feral Chaos's CP Woes

Hot as Ifrit DREW:[RotaryTuner]'s Avatar
    Gil

Default Feral Chaos's CP Woes

Right now, I'm in the process of mastering Feral Chaos's abilities so that its CP usage goes down by twofold. The thing is, what people actually think about him being broken, is compensated by setting some of its Ability CP usage by 300% compared to the other fighters (and I'm not kidding). Given that he has an initial CP of 450 at Level 1 (the equivalent of the CP allowance of a Lv. 100 fighter other than FC), it's already a pain at the start. It was just too good to be true to have it broken by having the same CP usage for other fighters, while its (BRV) moves have literally little to no startup time, just spamming is enough to send other players crying.

If you guys still don't get what I mean:

All BRV moves use up 45 CP each, 30 when mastered.

All HP moves use up a whopping 75 CP each, 50 when mastered.

Block and Dodge Abilities (both air and ground) cost 160 CP in total (40 each), but this is reduced to 25 each (100 CP total) when mastered.

Its Basic ++ Abilities (like Speed Boost ++, Jump Boost ++, and Jump Times Boost ++) require 120 (YES, 120) CP to use, and 60 when mastered, unlike the others which only use 40 or 20 when mastered, giving truth to the 300% CP usage compared to normal fighters.

One thing to note, is that, to add to the CP woes of Feral Chaos, its BRV goes down every 2 seconds (probably) by a small fraction, and its EX Gauge and Assist Gauge deplete continuously, basically depriving it of EX Mode/Burst/Revenge and Assist/Assist Change. To conter this, FC can spend an additional 70 CP to address EACH of the three problems (210 CP in all), but this is reduced to 50 CP each (150 CP in total) to prevent these hindrances.

However, anything outside of these spend the normal amount of CP as the other warriors (SnL, Concentration, Auto Abilities, Fragile Pride). IMO, Feral Chaos is not viable as an all-around warrior, given that his BRV and HP moves cost 300% that of normal usage, meaning I can only assign one or two, if I'm lucky, abilities for both BRV and HP, with aerial and ground combined. That's my two cents on this matter.

So, how will you players address this problem?
    MAINS||XII/XII
    SECONDARIES||I/VII/VIII (both)/IX/V/X
    "As Hell's watchdog, I shall judge whether or not your life is worth living!"
    DFF: 21200 | DdFF: 4500

Oh, and if you also play WMMT4, feel free to drop me a ghost challenge~
    DREW || PHL
    JCESE | SA22C | FC3S | FD3S | SE3P
    KPGC10 | BNR32 | BCNR33 | BNR34 | R35 | CKV36

Gil

I addressed it by cutting back. I have 2 aerial BRV moves and 1 ground BRV. 2 Ground HP moves and NO Aerial HP. I use No Assist Lock and Riposte as my only 2 special moves (and EXP>HP since it's 0 still when mastered). From there, I just customize as needed. I use controlled recovery as my only real additional move to the default ones.

Out of all of FC's advantages, indeed I would say CP is his weak link, but he's still very powerful overall.
    Dissidia Status: Waiting for PS3 Repair... Again...
    "You Summoned Death.. The Void's True Power Comes to me." -Exdeath
    <3 you for siggy, Cookies
    DFF Mercenary Points: 11575
    Duodecim Mercenary Points: 0

Gil

What ground HP moves do you use? (I'd take a guess at Deus Iratus and Quo Vadis.) I'm not really a fan of ground HP for FC, because the fight often gets taken into the air... not to mention, Planet's Core and Ultimecia's Castle.

By the way, did all the abilities you mentioned already cover the 450 CP allowance? Or did you put 2 Hero's Spirit and a Hero's Essence as well to allow for more CP?
    MAINS||XII/XII

DREW || PHL

Gil

I put CP increasing accessories and didn't put critical boosting abilities since FC is more versatile with more of his moves and since Deus Iratus is a guard I took off his ground block, put on Disable Assist Lock, Exp to HP, Freeair Dash and have most of his better moves on

Gil

I normally do unequipped matches, so there's no CP boosting items there.

Generally, Via Dolorosa is a must for FC since it's extremely safe and hits the opponents pretty much every other time. But there are so many complaints about how broken FC is already, I don't use it.
    So you're right about Quo Valis and Deus Iratus. Generally, no matter what your height is, Brute Force will send the enemy all the way to the ground, making easy Jecht assist, and you can use Quo Valis right as the opponent is at the height (but hasn't been sent flying yet) of Jecht's ground combo.
    I remember recently, I actually got rid of Deus Iratus and replaced it with (umm, sorry if I get the name wrong) Ventus Ire (the wing-flapping one) for aerial HP. Quo Valis combos with both of Jecht's combos, so Ventus Ire is a quick close range HP attack for in the air that can combo halfway through the aerial Jecht Combo if you're having trouble touching the ground in time before Jecht sends them flying. So this was the only sure way I knew to get that in.
    And that's basically what I do ^^ It works well.

Gil

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Ruzai View Post
    Generally, no matter what your height is, Brute Force will send the enemy all the way to the ground, making easy Jecht assist, and you can use Quo Valis right as the opponent is at the height (but hasn't been sent flying yet) of Jecht's ground combo.
    Why not try putting the ability that makes you drop easier? But, whatever floats your boat. Ventus Ire isn't that bad, too.
    MAINS||XII/XII

DREW || PHL

Gil

Because it uses priceless CP, and I try to be conservative ^^ and when you're on the ceiling of empyreal Paradox and you knock your opponent to the ground, it's hard to drop fast enough to land quo valis in time. So I swapped to Ventus. It's just the best I can find so far =\

Gil

Why use Quo Vadis when you have Via Dolorosa which has a better vertical range as well as better everything.

Or if you plan to use an assist and not use Via Dolorosa, Ventus Irae is so much better. If you NEED a ground HP attack, use Deus Iratus. =/

Gil

I shall respect your opinion, Kraid. Provided, Via Dolorosa is an effective projectile HP attack, what with its fast tracking too, but so is Figaro Maximus, to some extent. Buuuuuuut, we were discussing about Feral Chaos's CP usage in the first place, like what can be done to remedy the problem (removal of certain abilities and whatnot, etc.).
    MAINS||XII/XII

DREW || PHL

Carbuncle's Reflection Yorunightcast's Avatar
    Gil

I added the CP+ items, as there isn't much of an accessory build for Assist. I then did 4 brave attacks, and 3 hp attacks. I stuck to minimal Action abilities, only 0 costing support abilities, and then did Assist unlock, remove brave drain, sneak attack, Precision Jump, and then Gambler's spirit to total a complete 510CP build. It should be in the build thread if you want to see it in detail. BTW Ancient Weapon is amazing on FC, and Lux Magnus is all you need in the air if you have evasion time+ and Raid+Erupt.
    Raid/Erupt saves you from needing a fast brave, jump abillities or fall abilities, and they are strong and confusing in use. Lux Magnus for some insane combo damage, and Via Dolorosa+Deus Iratus+Vicious+Brutal Force is very nice.

Yuyuko Saigyouji Fan <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast