don't forget that you can delay the parts of VoJ to make it easier to connect with assists.
PSN - axeei
I'd also like to announce I just got my guide stickied! It is pretty much done for the most part, just the Assist section and Special Accessories left right now (and possibly more if there is any requests).
Last edited by Vamper62; 05-24-2011 at 05:39 AM.
The guide looks pretty good, I like how it sticks to the essentials (as 1d as they are) and omits gimmicky crap like HighwayStar/Hatless/Armorless/Assistless/Final-Strike seen elsewhere in Gabranth topics on other boards.
If you're going to keep the assist section, just add in the basics:
Offensively you can connect a Jecht assist off sentence hitstun, Enrage (before final hit), RLunge hitstun (before 3rd hit), VOJ hitstun (same deal) or any rush. Innocence is the easiest (and usually most practical) follow through but if you fire it too early you risk them jumping off the wall post-rush and locking your assist. Alternatively you can run around and wait for the ground rush for an easy execution, this is useful in circumstances where you won't get a rush from Innocence (which is rare) or instances where you need the extra BRV damage (It also looks really cool).
Another thing to consider is that sometimes when you're low on EX it's better to conserve your assist until you revert. This is where Jecht shines as the best assist because one wrong move from the opponent will allow you to safely charge 100%.
- Sentence (1) > BRV-A > EX-Charge
- gives you a bit more time to EX-Charge
- if your opponent uses assist-punishable attacks on the ground, it may be wiser to save your Assist Gauge for that since BRV-A (ground) keeps your opponent locked longer
- Enrage > WR > BRV-A > A-Chase > Ender
- Enrage (4) > BRV-A > A-Chase > Ender
- use if you wouldn't be able to wallrush with Enrage
- Relentless Lunge (2) > BRV-A > A-Chase > Ender
- Vortex of Judgment (2) > BRV-A > DC > Vortex of Judgment (1) > DC > A-Chase > Ender
- you may need to delay a bit to let the assist connect from Vortex of Judgment
- Rupture [Dive] > GR > BRV-A > DC > Rupture [Dive] > A-Chase > Ender
- to make the final hit of the second Rupture connect, make sure you DC into the opposite direction to where your assist is, basically sandwiching your opponent
- if you wouldn't be able to connect with Rupture [Dive] due to bad positioning, use Vortex of Judgment (2) instead
- Rupture [Rise] > WR > BRV-A* > A-Chase > Ender
- Dual Rend > WR > BRV-A* > A-Chase > Ender
- Ender: Vortex of Judgment or Hatred
- to connect with Hatred, you may need to delay your A-Chase activation
*if you are close enough, you can add [DC > Vortex of Jufgment (1) > DC]
Thanks Maige and RyuHiroshi, I've been really busy today, so all the assist advice is greatly appreciated. I'll add it later when the time is available.
Also, do you have a video supplement Ryu for the Kuja Assists? If not, we'll make some later.
Last edited by Vamper62; 05-25-2011 at 04:59 AM.
I should have a replay with everything, so I'd only need to put it together.
Did around with Gabranth for a bit. I tested Tidus as an assist, and seemed a great fit for him.
Dual Rend/Enrage -> Assist (Chase) -> Hatred (ceiling WR)
Rupture (Down, WR) -> Assist (WR) -> Innocence (both ground and air)/Execution
Vortex of Judgment (two hits) -> Assist -> FDC -> Hatred (still testing this)
This is all I can give for the moment, with all being BRV AST, I have yet to go on with HP AST ones.
SECONDARIES||I/VII/VIII (both)/IX/V/X"As Hell's watchdog, I shall judge whether or not your life is worth living!"
DFF: 21200 | DdFF: 4500
Just want to provide an update for those not aware, my guide now includes the King of Tragedy/EX Revenge build equipment and accessories. The gimmicky EX Revenge idea turned out not to be so gimmicky... Credits for Luffy and Hollowed for convincing me to give 'er a go.